Agile AL 7 string - Whos interested, and what specs?

What specs would you like to see on an Agile AL 7?

• Scale length: 24.75"

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Scale length: 25.5"

Votes: 51 47.7%
  • Scale length: 27"

Votes: 53 49.5%
  • Neck Thru

Votes: 51 47.7%
  • Set Neck

Votes: 57 53.3%
  • Neck Wood: Maple

Votes: 62 57.9%
  • Neck Wood: Mahogany

Votes: 45 42.1%
  • Fretboard Wood: Ebony

Votes: 81 75.7%
  • Fretboard Wood: Maple

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Pickups: EMGs

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • Pickups: Passives (DiMarzio? SD/DD?)

Votes: 87 81.3%

• Total voters

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
Threads like this just make me mad because what is the point of getting an LP style guitar with all the same stats as a bunch of other axes?
I personally would like to keep the design as traditional as possible, but there's a few things that switching straight from a 6 to a 7 that would render the guitar worse. For example, scale length and neck wood. Going with an all mahogany 24.75" scale 7 can lead to a few problems for most people (I'd like one definitely) and since most people tune lower than B standard or don't tune higher (high G) it'd likely not sell very well. The reality here is sales mean whether or not this model is introduced, and I personally would kill to have a full-sized singlecut for once even if the specs differ slightly (though, putting a floyd rose on it and taking the scale beyond 25.5" might put me away from it a bit)

I voted like this:

25.5 scale
Neck-thru
Maple neck
Ebony fretboard
I voted passive pups but I'd probably pick one up either way ;)

An all white one with MOP block inlays, black binding around the headstock and body, then white binding on the neck with black hardware would be awesome!

BY THE WAY, THERE NEEDS TO BE AN OPTION TO GET A FLOYD ROSE FOR ALL OF THE TREM WHORES HERE!!!

Seriously though, very few of my guitars will have a hardtail bridge from now on, so to hook me a FR is pretty much necessary :cool:
I agree but at the same time disagree there. Getting a floyd rose along with this model would really contradict the point of having a singlecut 7 string, mainly due to the reason being for the body mass. Floyd roses take out a large portion of the body and rob it of sustain and what I'd like to call the famous LP tone..

However, I'd be all fine with a kahler being they require little to almost no routing :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EliNoPants

Reaction score
Threads like this just make me mad because what is the point of getting an LP style guitar with all the same stats as a bunch of other axes?

personal taste in aesthetics at the very least...when i bought my Stephen Carpenter LTD, i bought it because it was the only 27" 24 fret neck-thru i'd been able to try out, even though i'm not a big fan of the strat shape...if the exact same specs had been available in a Tele shape (for less than $4k and waiting to ship from Japan or Europe) i'd have absolutely gone for it, or any number of other body shapes

it's not feasible for any one company to make every possible variation of a certain body shape as a production model...Agile is already beating the hell out of most companies by offering the Septor in 25.5" and 27" scales, and the Interceptor with the same, that's basically one guitar with 4 variations, the LTD 7 stringers all come in one style per body shape, and only one offers a longer scale length

a 27" scale 24 fret LP (7 string or not) doesn't exist as a production model from any company that i'm aware of right now, and for some people an extended scale or 24 frets are what they like, but maybe they're not a fan of a superstrat shape, so whats wrong with wanting those spec's in a shape they might like more?

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
I agree but at the same time disagree there. Getting a floyd rose along with this model would really contradict the point of having a singlecut 7 string, mainly due to the reason being for the body mass. Floyd roses take out a large portion of the body and rob it of sustain and what I'd like to call the famous LP tone..

However, I'd be all fine with a kahler being they require little to almost no routing :)

That's why I said "option" ;)

And I have to say, while I would still buy it if a Kahler was on it, I think you'd lose a lot of your trem-players market. Many guys who use FR's use FR's - and that's it. They can be kind of elitist like that. Granted, I'm sure there are some Kahler guys like that, but they certainly seem to be fewer in number.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
That's why I said "option" ;)

And I have to say, while I would still buy it if a Kahler was on it, I think you'd lose a lot of your trem-players market. Many guys who use FR's use FR's - and that's it. They can be kind of elitist like that. Granted, I'm sure there are some Kahler guys like that, but they certainly seem to be fewer in number.
you're definitely right, there's far more FR users than kahler users lol (If I had one I'd prolly leave it locked, not a big trem user) and there prolly would be a floyd option (seeing as they have the 24 fret floyd shred agiles) but in reality the first few runs would all be TOM/Stopbar due to the fact that floyded les pauls never sell that well.. (but seem to resell for alot thanks to gibson's limited-edition shred LP whoring :nuts:)

I should've put that as a option though.. chances are there'll be a second poll with more options since interest has definitely been sparked and I got an email back from kurt saying things are looking good :D

MoNsTaR

Reaction score
i voted 27" scale, im not too fussed about the rest of the specs, id love to get one, now i have to sell some shit hahaha

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
I tossed Kurt another email, and if things are looking good I'll likely open a second poll with more specific options (colors, inlays, bridge type, etc.)

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
I tune to B, so I wouldn't want a 27" scale. I have a 27" guitar, and I like the sound, but if I were to buy another 7, I'd want at the most a 25.5 scale.

I'd like a 24.75" scale
Mahagony neck
PASSIVE PUPS
Floyd, Kahler, some sort of whammy
Set neck or neck-through
Natural Finish
Rosewood fretboard

If I buy a LP style guitar, I want it as LP like as possible :2c:

Valserp

Only plays 1 string
Reaction score
My take on it:

Anything longer than 25.5" on a LP looks weird for me. That's the length I voted for.
24 frets is a must.
Set neck and passive pickups, to complement the LP feel.
Maple neck for some clarity.
Ebony or maple fretboard for different types of coolness.

I guess going with both a trem and non-trem version would be best, since there will never be a consensus.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
I think the initial run of these should be pretty much standard LP specs, maybe release with 24.75 scale and 25.5. We all know this would be a popular guitar, it would only be a matter of time before there is a plethora of different options on these available on the rondo site, I mean look at the 6 string AL's. As of right now, I just hope that the 7 string gets made, it will definitely be one of the best selling Agile 7's.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
I think the initial run of these should be pretty much standard LP specs, maybe release with 24.75 scale and 25.5. We all know this would be a popular guitar, it would only be a matter of time before there is a plethora of different options on these available on the rondo site, I mean look at the 6 string AL's. As of right now, I just hope that the 7 string gets made, it will definitely be one of the best selling Agile 7's.
I agree completely with you on this. I say the first run should be as near original specs as possible, with a 24.75" scale. The only concern here is that a 24.75" scale would make many people iffy, specially with intonating below A (though I don't know who in the right mind would tune a 24.75" down below A :lol:) or putting a heavy gauge such as a .70~.75 on.. so chances are it'd be a 25.5". The reason for the poll is to see what would sell, and what wouldn't. It seems like a 25.5" scale, set maple neck w/ ebony fingerboard and passives would be first choice here, which is definitely good news if you ask me :D

However in the future after this first run, assuming it will happen (I don't see why not, as previously mentioned the AL is kurt's top seller) I wouldn't mind seeing a more modern orientated version of this model, though I'm not much of a floyd person myself (all of my floyds are blocked.. :flame:)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
You can put 24.75's in B and have it work.

Honestly, try a 25' scale 7-string LP - a little extra tension, still feels like an LP (this is what my custom AJC had for scale), and still has the LP sound.

you don't need a 70 low B - a 56 worked well for C standard/drop Bb on my gibson. I know some people prefer really thick strings, but they really aren't necessary for good tension. I used to play 10-52's in E standard on my lester, then played 10-52's in C standard lol.

Off to vote.

Werwolf999

Reaction score
I'd personally love to get a 7 LP. Right now the 7 market seems dominated by strat shapes, so this would be something I'd give a lot of consideration to purchasing myself. Passives and a silverburst paint job would seal the deal for me.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
You can put 24.75's in B and have it work.

Honestly, try a 25' scale 7-string LP - a little extra tension, still feels like an LP (this is what my custom AJC had for scale), and still has the LP sound.

you don't need a 70 low B - a 56 worked well for C standard/drop Bb on my gibson. I know some people prefer really thick strings, but they really aren't necessary for good tension. I used to play 10-52's in E standard on my lester, then played 10-52's in C standard lol.

Off to vote.
I think thats actually a good idea, the 25" scale. I'm making the new poll now as I got word from Kurt and I'll add that aswell

This thread can be locked should a moderator run into it