Agile Interceptor 727 MN in Oceaburst

• Thread starter awake69
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

awake69

Reaction score
Well. I have been wanting one of these for some time and finally pulled the trigger. The bonus is now they have matching headstocks on the base models!! I love the 27" scale because the B doesn't seem as loose and floppy. I have also had a fondness for maple boarded guitars. As much as people have the "tonewood debate", I swear maple boards just sound brighter to me. The Cepheus pickups are pretty decent, but I am thinking of a pickup change...which makes me wonder if they make the Nazgul/Sentient set in WHITE.
The playability is pretty decent, but I'm still tweaking and will likely go with a full set up by a local luthier.

Anyhow...on with the pron!!
9r51mg.jpg

13yo3vd.jpg

vh9w8g.jpg

sman2h.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

awake69

Reaction score
I have an Agile 8 but am curious...
How is the neck radius compared to Ibanez or Jackson 7 strings?

I actually read a pretty good comparison on here not long ago. It's not as thin and flat as an Ibanez, but it's not as rounded as a Schecter. I'd say it's a happy medium between the two. For me, it fits my hand nicely when chording. The 27" scale is barely noticeable.

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
Looking nice! They do make the Nazgul/Sentient set in white, by the way, just go on ebay. Usually Banjomikez will have them there.

Splenetic

Reaction score
HNGD!

I have one with a rosewood fingerboard and active cepheus pups. It'a a beastly axe. I don't play it too often cause the 27" scale is just a little too much for me (as opposed to for example Schecter's 26.5" scale) but it sounds excellent and the fretwork is not bad at all.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I really do love Agile, those guitars are such great value. And that oceanburst finish blows me away every time I see one.

morbidus

Reaction score
Looks really good. Agile is on my short list when I get something new, and seeing these posts adds to my confidence in getting one. I also agree, maybe I am crazy but every maple board I play seems brighter and snappier sounding.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Lmao I basically just ordered this as a 725 (not a fan of longer scale lengths) Good to hear that you like it. Keeps me gassing.

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
Big fan of Agile myself. I have a Pendulum Pro that's been nothing but great! Congrats!

BubbleWrap

Reaction score
Very nice! I have a Pendulum Pro 82527 in matte ocean burst that I absolutely love.