Agile Interceptor Pro 27"

• Thread starter ShreddyESP
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
So i think I've had enough time to judge the Agile Interceptor Pro 27" and be critical about it.

Here's the final verdict:

Craftsmanship:
1.Body:
On par with Edwards and my ESP Standard Series. Although i don't see how someone can fuck up the body of a guitar.
Horiz2.jpg

2.Finish:
Not too great, but i'm happy. Very happy. Mine is a bit dull, but i've seen some great Agile tops.
DSC06524.jpg

MapleTop.jpg

3.Neck Joint:
VERY comfortable , for my hands at least. Great upper fret access, no problems hitting any notes on the last few frets.
Joint.jpg

4.Thickness:
No comment, just pics :p
Thickness.jpg

5.Tuners - Surprisingly good. I'm not sure if I'm a fanboi , but i LOVE the sperzel lockers on my viper. This one is good too. Grover or Gotoh, I've forgotten.

6.Pickups:
Neck - EMG 707 - This pickup is almost the same or is a copy of the EMG 85 for the six. Great in the bridge. Nice for cleans that aren't too "UP FRONT".
NeckPu.jpg

Bridge - EMG 707 - Fail at first (IMO). But I've tweaked my POD a lot and i'm happy now. Although i think the 817 would be pwnage in the bridge. I love the 81 in the bridge.
BridgePu.jpg

7.Headstock:
Great shape, looks brootal in reverse. Couldn't be happier with a headstock design. Although my guitar's headstock flame fails. Almost not visible at all under room lighting conditions and just about visible under sunlight.
DSC06534.jpg

8.Fretwork/Binding/Fretboard/Neck/Neck Radius:
I'm very happy with the thickness of the neck. It's there with the Vipers. Not CHUNKY fat, neither crazy thin like the Ibbys. I prefer the fatter necks so I'm content.
NeckJoint.jpg

Fretboard is nice, the ebony looks really good. I don't see any problems with it. I own three eboner boards and this one is just as good as the other two. Fretwork is really good. No sharp edges like the older agiles (i think a few people had a problem with this).
Coming to the fret binding, this is the only place where you can make out this isn't a 1000$ guitar. Mine's got around 3-4 bubbles. Maybe if it had some sort of black/white binding it wouldn't have happened.

Coming to the bridge, this is where i was most shocked.
Bridge: LFR
I was really hesitant on the guitar since it was a LFR, I've heard people bitch about these things since i first joined the espboards in '04 or around that. My alexi has an OFR so i think i can make a good comparison.
I haven't locked the strings down since i got it (I'm no trem wanker). I've got it done a half step (A#) and tuning stability is not a problem at all. But as i don't play around with the trem a lot, i can just say that it's almost as good as the OFR. I don't use the trem on both my trem-ed guitars , so if i tune my OFR looses tune in 3 days, the LFR probably would in 2.
BodyUp.jpg

Btw, 27" Scale PWNS!!!

Overall , im really satisfied with it, and anyone looking to buy one , i say BUY IT, NOW!

At the price they are going for in the US market, i don't see how you folks can resist buying them. I guess since for a little more you could go Carvin, but sadly they don't ship worldwide (at least to India they don't)

7 Stringers ftw!

Thanks for reading :p

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RG7

Reaction score
are theyre any side fret markers and how visible are they?

im seriously considering getting one of these in either blue/red/ or black when they come out again

NathanCampos

Seven String Stoner
Reaction score
i own 2 of these!
just not the pros... so mine dont have EMG 707s or a painted neck... not a big difference though.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
seriously considering buying one of these, but i avoid FR bridges like the plague. i've played on les pauls and sg's all my life so my palm mutes don't sound right on FR guitars, and my left hand always bangs up against the locks when im messing around on the first fret.

how does the neck thickness compare to les pauls? i played esp's before and the necks were a tad to big for me.

Reaction score
@goherpsNderp:
My project/band mate has an Epi LP and trying to play on that after my Agile is not so smooth a transition. In my experience, the LP necks are thicker. Agile necks are often described as being the middle ground between Ibanez and Schecter.

suicidalllama

Reaction score
I own the exact same version and I'm very pleased with it but I haven't got a huge amount to compare it too.
The neck markers on the side are very easy to see and I got used to not having markers on the fretboard within a day.
Tuning stability for me is very good as it only ever drops very slightly out of tune.
I do agree with the finish on it being a bit dull but overall its still not too bad. If I had to buy another one I probably get the flame red finish instead but it wasn't there when I ordered mine.
Hope this answered further questions helped as well.

Last edited:

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
This is on my shortlist but with Blackouts that they have started putting in them, amazing value for money, even with the international shipping

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have a Tremol-No in mine and I've had no problems.

DJENTxCORE901

Banned!!!
Reaction score
Yeah i have the septor pro whick has no tremolo. (I prefer it that way)
but it's basically the smae guitar. I'm in love with it.

DJENTxCORE901

Banned!!!
Reaction score
I thought lack of fret makers would mess me up, but it actually had a very slight affect on me. I tend to see the top ones with peripheral:djent: vision. haha