Agile Interceptor Pro 730?

ockis23

Be Excellent to Each Other
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everyone, first off I tried to search some of the other threads and didn't find anything on this one, so if im repeating anyone my bad.

So here's the question, what would you want a 30" scale 7 string for?:scratch:

I currently have my 7 which is a 26.5 scale in drop G tuning, the G is a 60 gauge and it's rockin nicely. I also love messing with different low tunings but I'm a little lost with this one, so any clarity would be much appreciated.

Here's the link: Agile Interceptor Pro 730 EB Tribal Green at RondoMusic.com

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Well anything lower than G would technically benefit from having a scale length longer than 27" although 27" is what I use no matter what tuning Im in. Id say it would be perfect for F or lower. I think Meshuggah use 30.5" scale 8 strings. What I find to be intriguing about this is that it has the length and is still a 7 string. Possibly a first of its kind.

ockis23

Contributor
Reaction score
Well anything lower than G would technically benefit from having a scale length longer than 27" although 27" is what I use no matter what tuning Im in. Id say it would be perfect for F or lower. I think Meshuggah use 30.5" scale 8 strings. What I find to be intriguing about this is that it has the length and is still a 7 string. Possibly a first of its kind.

Yeah I here you on the scale and that its on a 7, thats what has me so confused. I typically see 8 strings with their scales beyond 27". I know Meshuggah uses 30.5" 8s with I think a 70 or 74 for the F.

The other thing is that this is the third time I've seen Rondo Music offer this guitar, the first one was red tribal and now the green tribal twice, might be the same green one though.

Thanks for the imput:hbang:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Initially Kurt was closely following our wants. Now he's so good at it, he's ahead of us. In other words, in about 6 months we will all want 30" 7 strings, and Kurt figured it out before we even knew we wanted it! :lol:

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
Damn, a 30" scale 7 string? Sounds daunting and intriguing at the same time. I wouldn't need an 8 because I can get that low F# pretty easily on it!

But I still want an 8.

ockis23

Contributor
Reaction score
Damn, a 30" scale 7 string? Sounds daunting and intriguing at the same time. I wouldn't need an 8 because I can get that low F# pretty easily on it!

But I still want an 8.

I'm sure that it would do nicely with the F# but then you loose the high e. I think it would be a lot easier to play than an 8 with the the same scale though, but I've only played the Ibanez RG 2228 so my experience with 8s is limited.

I too dream of an 8 but mabey it's like Hollowway said, that Kurt figured not everyone might want to go with an 8 but still want the ability to reach those low tunings and keep good tension on the strings.

Thanks

ockis23

Contributor
Reaction score
Initially Kurt was closely following our wants. Now he's so good at it, he's ahead of us. In other words, in about 6 months we will all want 30" 7 strings, and Kurt figured it out before we even knew we wanted it! :lol:

Haha lol, thats sounds about right cuz I've loved looking at the 8 strings Rondo Music has to offer and want to get the lower tunings without but still a little unsure of going to an 8 but now Kurt is giving us the power to rerach those low tunings in a 7.

Im definitly considering the idea of getting this beast instead of an 8, hmm decisions, decisions lol.

Thanks for the post:metal:

thewildturkey

Reaction score

But I still want an 8.

I have custom 7 that is 30.375 scale, it is awesome, the long scale really helps the tone.

I run it in drop E no problems.

thewildturkey

Reaction score
Wow, what kind of 7 is it?

It was a replacement neck built for an old 7 body I had,

Basically, I had a 25.5 scale 7 string, and I got a luthier (peter crossley) to build a replacement neck, with a 30.375 inch scale. I think what he did was calculate how to add frets to the bass end of the neck, to keep all the relative positioning to the bridge and pickup.

Some of the guru's here guided me throught the design, there should be a thread somewhere.

Cheers.

ockis23

Contributor
Reaction score
It was a replacement neck built for an old 7 body I had,

Basically, I had a 25.5 scale 7 string, and I got a luthier (peter crossley) to build a replacement neck, with a 30.375 inch scale. I think what he did was calculate how to add frets to the bass end of the neck, to keep all the relative positioning to the bridge and pickup.

Some of the guru's here guided me throught the design, there should be a thread somewhere.

Cheers.

Right on man:hbang: