Agile Interceptor Raised Frets

willy petro

willy petro
Reaction score
Alright I had trouble figuring out where to post this so??? I think its here? Well anyways. I have a Agile Interceptor that has raised frets. Its been like this ever since I bought it. But at the time money was scarce. So I was wondering how much would it be to fix it? It just needs to be sanded and refinished? Right? I'm not sure. And I know prices vary. But any price at all would help. Thanks! And it seems the frets are raised after the 12th fret. The rest are all fine. I just get a bunch of dead notes. And the only way i can get rid of them is to raise the action way way up. And its impossible to play then.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

idunno

Reaction score
They may need to be beat down with a fretting hammer then youll likely need a leveling, crowning and a polish.. This can cost anywhere from 100 200 bucks. Prices vary widely depending on who does the work.

You have pics?

willy petro

willy petro
Reaction score
They may need to be beat down with a fretting hammer then youll likely need a leveling, crowning and a polish.. This can cost anywhere from 100 200 bucks. Prices vary widely depending on who does the work.

You have pics?

The pics don't really show much. I mean you can see like how high my action is but when i fret a note you can see the string hit and buzz. My guitar teacher said that its because the frets are not level. Im not sure whats it is. I never messed with a fret board before.

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
Take it to a guitar tech you trust, or ask your teacher if he knows about someone capable of doing it.

Don't mess with it if you don't have the tools.

willy petro

willy petro
Reaction score
Take it to a guitar tech you trust, or ask your teacher if he knows about someone capable of doing it.

Don't mess with it if you don't have the tools.

As soon as my gf gets home im taking it to a luthier. I have the money and they'll be able to help