Agile Interceptor

• Thread starter Diogene303
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Diogene303

Reaction score
Hi ,

A question to those who have one , i want to know what there like to play and value for money. So what are the Agile Interceptor's like as a 7 string guitar and a friend is asking me can he get one shipped to the UK ?.

Diogene
:wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah they do ship to the UK, you have to pay a customs charge though (Fuck you, your majesty), but all in all i hear they're ridiculous for the price.

As for feel, they're quite chunky fuckers, akin to Schecters

FireaL

TwoStringsTooMany
Reaction score
I saw some on ebay, the guitar was £100 and the shipping was £114 haha

Ewan

Reaction score
I got one shipped over to the UK and the shipping and duty was a fortune. The guitar itself was about £300 and then £35 shipping but i think the duty was something silly like more than £100 can't quite remember and you should buy a case and that adds a bit as well.

It ended up being about £480 for a guitar for which you'd pay about twice that for something similar speced. RG1527s are £700 at the moment and anyone will tell you the interceptor pro's are better. I haven't played an RG1527 so I don't know. But I've ordered a custom Agile, so I can vouch for the quality.

I will probably only ever buy agiles now, but after I get the custom I probably won't need another guitar ever.

My advice: Buy!

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
Yeah the neck on my Hornet is nowhere near as thick as a Schecter. Feels just a tad thicker than the Ibby's.

Diogene303

Reaction score
Hi Guys ,

Many thanks for the input and the info, i'll pass on the info to my friend. Cheers all ...that's one reason i like this forum ...everyone is NICE and helpful.

Diogene

jrf8

Banned
Reaction score
I definitely agree - love my Agile

Actually they are a bit slimmer than Schecters and just a bit thicker than Ibanez necks.

the one i just sent out to zilong has a moded neck, (non-pro) i slimmed it down so it's actually a little thiner than an ibby. (maybe)

hope he digs it, i sure did, im going to slim down my pro now:hbang:

COBHC

Belongs On 1 String
Reaction score
only thing to watch out for , is if you want to use a heavy gauge for low B , intonation on that string can be difficult on the licensed floyd.

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
only thing to watch out for , is if you want to use a heavy gauge for low B , intonation on that string can be difficult on the licensed floyd.

that can be a problem on ANY floyd, even an OFR... the problem doesn't lie in the trem but in the 25.5" scale... a 27" scale seven handles intonation on the low B and A easily.

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
k, I'm new to the whole seven string thing, and looking at reviews, the Interceptor is a greeaat buy for the price. I don't know so much about it though.. Is it baritone? What does scale length do/mean? (Probably stupid questions)

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
k, I'm new to the whole seven string thing, and looking at reviews, the Interceptor is a greeaat buy for the price. I don't know so much about it though.. Is it baritone? What does scale length do/mean? (Probably stupid questions)

You probably shouldn't bump old topics like this, but the longer the scale length = more tension on the string to be tuned to the same note as it was on a shorter scale length.

So the shorter the scale length, the less tension you have on the strings.

So, if you want more/less tension but are stuck with a shorter scale, you can move to heavier/lighter strings. And it works the other way too, if you're stuck with a longer scale and you want more/less tension you can move to heavier/lighter strings to produce the desired effects. You see what I'm saying?

Also, bari's (I think that's 27"+) tend to have a "piano-esqe" clarity and sustain to them.

I hope that answered your question. If anyone else wants to chime in please do so, I'm sure I didn't cover it all/made a mistake somewhere in there :lol:

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
You probably shouldn't bump old topics like this, but the longer the scale length = more tension on the string to be tuned to the same note as it was on a shorter scale length.

So the shorter the scale length, the less tension you have on the strings.

So, if you want more/less tension but are stuck with a shorter scale, you can move to heavier/lighter strings. And it works the other way too, if you're stuck with a longer scale and you want more/less tension you can move to heavier/lighter strings to produce the desired effects. You see what I'm saying?

Also, bari's (I think that's 27"+) tend to have a "piano-esqe" clarity and sustain to them.

I hope that answered your question. If anyone else wants to chime in please do so, I'm sure I didn't cover it all/made a mistake somewhere in there :lol:

Actually, I think it's OK to bump so long as you're saying something worthwhile and not "l0l, u tuk him 2 da bar>?!1". :lol:

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
^Whatever that means. :lol:

The Interceptor Pro 27 is baritone, the Pro 25 is not.