Agile multiscales next week! or later...

• Thread starter Ironberry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

fuck! I just got done speccing my Carvin.

FUCK

xiphoscesar

Reaction score
im gonna buy a agile either next week or the week after, what is the advantage of a multiscale?

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
^Meadlie Meadlies and Chunky Lows.

just google fan fret and you'l get the idea.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Very intriguing. I really hope they don't have an 8 string with a short (<25") scale on the high side or I'll be practically forced to buy one :lol:

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
anyone got any ideas on how severe the fanning will be? like 25" to 28" or what? I've never seen a fanned fret in the flesh, let alone play one so have no idea on these things haha

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
i totally forgot what the fan was, but i think it would be relatively safe (25.5-27").

I also think its 7s for the first run, but don't quote me on that.

EDIT

for the lulz

Septor_8MS_Head2.jpg

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Originally posted by nrussell23
posted by Kurt ....

"Looking for input on colors for the first run of the fan frets - Basic Specs are

* 7 String 25.5-27" Scale
* 3pc maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
* Bolt neck joint
* 1 x Cephius (Agile) pickup
* 1 Volume
* Custom Bridge (Much like the Z bass)
* Grover tuner
* Chrome hardware
* Mahogany Body

Model Name "Pendulum"

Target Price $600 to $699

Should be available around the end of April - with some pre-production models before that.

This is just the first go - I expect higher end versions set neck or neck through, upgraded pickups etc (and prices closer to $999) and 8 string versions to come later in the year.

This is with an Agathis Body.
Production will use Mahogany body, but the agathis is pleasantly light. (about 6 lbs !)
Also plan on angling the pickup a bit.

- Kurt "

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i would've cared had i not put money down for a roter fanned fret. yum.

i'm excited to see what happens with this though. if Rondo really has any impact on the market at all, then they might make fanned frets more acceptable in the production guitar market, along with Dean.

so while i'm not getting one (probably never getting another Agile again, really), i'm excited about the big picture.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Shame about only one pup but im sure for the price most people wont give 2 shits hahaha

Colour wise I'd play it safe for the first run (but what do I know I'm not running a business haha), I presume they'll be solid colours as they have no tops on them?

bachandroll

Reaction score
Shame about only one pup but im sure for the price most people wont give 2 shits hahaha

Colour wise I'd play it safe for the first run (but what do I know I'm not running a business haha), I presume they'll be solid colours as they have no tops on them?

Routing for a second PU and drilling for the switch is relatively easy and would bring the price in line to what a two PU factory model would cost, give or take a few $. So, if you really need another PU, you could have one installed in a few days by your local luthier (and I bet he'd appreciate the business). :)

xtrustisyoursx

Reaction score
I wish I could care about this, but one pickup and the short end only goes to 25.5? If this was a 26-24 fan, I might be interested.

TheMasterplan

Creator//Destroyer
Reaction score
Oh jeez. I was kind of holding off on getting an Intrepid because I wanted a multiscale 8 and was hoping Rondo would put one out eventually and here we are. They slant that pickup in another run and I'm sold.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Routing for a second PU and drilling for the switch is relatively easy and would bring the price in line to what a two PU factory model would cost, give or take a few $. So, if you really need another PU, you could have one installed in a few days by your local luthier (and I bet he'd appreciate the business). :)

tbh I wish I knew who my local luthier was, all the shops around here out source to random places and they don't tell you who its going to, just "their guitar guy" :wallbash:

hence why I'm trying to learn to do all mods myself so maybe in a year or two I can mod whatever guitars with confidence :yesway: