Agile Pendulum's Now With EMGs

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
First prototype done - final specs sent off to Kahler - should see some production before year end.
(have to get the fan 7 working before the fan 8)

pendulumfan1.jpg

I'm not taking any credit for this, it's public knowledge now, I just think this info will get lost in the intrepid sticky thread, just showin' you folks eager for some problem solved Pendulums :yesway::yesway::yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Beardyman

Beardaholic.
Reaction score
That looks a little better then the first run, but, still no neck pickup! And, why a gold kahler? :nuts:
They should totally do an ash body pendulum, with maple fretboard and slanted cepheus pickups. Hopefully with time we'll get more options, like they did with the interceptors, septors, etc.

/rant

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
interesting, a fanned kahler is a custom product which retails at $500 / piece, so i am inteested to see how much this would cost overall.

I am with Beardyman here : still 1 pickup, gold hardware, volume button way close to pup, and why a new head shape? i thought the other one flew more with the guitar lines.

I am worried that this is likely to be a flop again and we will never see another one..would be a shame.

Beardyman

Beardaholic.
Reaction score
I agree on the new headstock and the volume knob placement too. That headstock design is definitely not as natural looking as the last one, and that volume knob is placed in the most awkward spot. Way too close.
Those Kahler's are expensive, i'd say these will be priced with the Interceptor Pro 8's. Around the 1k mark.

When/if more options are offered, i'll be all over one!

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure I want a non locking trem, but if they have a model with an angled pickup and fixed bridge (which I'm assuming will be cheaper and that they probably will have) I'll be snagging one to see if I dig fanned frets.

Tirell

Reaction score
So...did I get this right ? All pendulums are now going to be like that ???

GAS
will the price be upped (much) ?

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
The price will likely double because of the trem and pickup alone.

I would buy one with a fixed bridge and two pickups in the charcoal finish with an ebony board.

eyebanez333

Reaction score
I like the other headstock better :squint:

And the gold hardware is nauseating...

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
The price will likely double because of the trem and pickup alone.

I would buy one with a fixed bridge and two pickups in the charcoal finish with an ebony board.

Because the second pickup and ebony fretboard wouldn't add to the cost :lol:

I doubt the EMG itself would add that much to the cost, since they can buy them in bulk and save a bunch, but yeah, the Kahler will definitely up the cost a fair bit.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score

I doubt the EMG itself would add that much to the cost, since they can buy them in bulk and save a bunch, but yeah, the Kahler will definitely up the cost a fair bit.

Well those were two separate comments. What I would want is what I would happily pay the cost of. The one posted above is not something I would ever buy.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

You're assuming it's a Kahler and not some custom Rondo fixed bridge ;) I can't see Kurt putting a $500 bridge on his guitars :2c:

splinter8451

Reaction score
Damn this thing looks awesome to me. I don't mind the gold, considering I used to own a Jem7vwh :lol:

I like the Intrepid headstock on this a lot.

I kinda do wish it did not have the Kahler though, because that is going to raise the price for sure and I was liking the old prices.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
You're assuming it's a Kahler and not some custom Rondo fixed bridge ;) I can't see Kurt putting a $500 bridge on his guitars :2c:

In the first post where he quoted an e-mail from Kurt he said he had sent the specs off to Kahler :lol:

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
I won't be adding much here, but SIIIIICCCCKKKKK...

I have heard wonderful things about fanned frets on ERG guitars, and after having owned my first 7, a late 90s Fujigen RG, I can see why the need for a longer range or varying range would be necessary... I do find that the guitar (even though it apparently has one of the 'greatest floating IBZ bridges ever) has a very difficult time intonating properly, as alot of the notes just sound 'off' sometimes, despite the fact that the strings are all tuned properly. Quite annoying. I would definitely buy one of these if Agile could get production fanned-frets out for reasonable (and by that I don't necessarily mean cheap) prices...

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
In the first post where he quoted an e-mail from Kurt he said he had sent the specs off to Kahler :lol:

JJ - I'm gonna need you to sit down and shut up. That is completely unfounded... :lol:

Wow I've been gone from here too long. I had no clue Agile already released the fanned fret beast...

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Reading, it do be fundamental :rofl:

Though it could still be fixed as opposed to a trem... as it would seem logical to use Kahler's behind the nut locks if it is a trem :shrug:

Daggorath

-.-
Reaction score
Still not quite there really. I'm sure the pickup and kahler will blow the price through the roof, and I can't say the headstock works with that design. Don't know why he decided gold hardware, when I can't think of a single of his other 7/8s with it.

I'm worried that these preliminary designs will struggle to sell and he'll be burnt and not explore the market further. Hopefully he'll listen to his customers as he has shown in the past.