Agile Possibly Looking for New Ownership

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I guess the big thing here is the contact with a factory. Have you guys ever tried looking into getting in contact with these factories? It's damn near impossible without knowing someone in the business. I've tried getting a hold of factories but they don't have any public emails, sites or even phone numbers. Plus just the name Agile which is well known at this point.

All the information needed for the big OEMs is available to NAMM member merchants.

The factories don't have on-site, higher management "corporate" employees. You want to contact the head office.

Try these:

Cortek: 82 2 3661 1981~3
WMI: 82-32-573-6822
Samick: 82-07-7931-0667

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
All the information needed for the big OEMs is available to NAMM member merchants.

The factories don't have on-site, higher management "corporate" employees. You want to contact the head office.

Try these:

Cortek: 82 2 3661 1981~3
WMI: 82-32-573-6822
Samick: 82-07-7931-0667
Oh wow. Okay who wants to start up SSO guitars with me?

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh man this makes me anxious for the brand and associated customer service.
Those are going to be tremendous shoes to fill. How lucky we are to have spent the last several years with Agile (13 in my case). We have had some amazing opportunities for instruments and Agile clearly changed big name brands' focus.
Think I'll break out my Intrepid 930 from 2011 and indulge in nostalgia!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh man this makes me anxious for the brand and associated customer service.
Those are going to be tremendous shoes to fill. How lucky we are to have spent the last several years with Agile (13 in my case). We have had some amazing opportunities for instruments and Agile clearly changed big name brands' focus.
Think I'll break out my Intrepid 930 from 2011 and indulge in nostalgia!

Totally the end of an era.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Want a pink 10 string with a floyd? Done - @Hollowway would be first
Want to get rid of the burl virus? Done
Too much bevel on that guitar? Not anymore
Everyone could be happy and with great customer service to boot.

You got that right! :lol:

And I saw that announcement, but I figured they were just saying they’d OEM for other people, if they wanted. They do have the connections and supply chain, so they could easily start someone a Matt Raines type thing.

And, as anyone would guess, if I could do this I’d go all crazy with unusual designs and specs. It would be cool to just try to do some crazy and innovative stuff.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
^ so was it a joke? or an exaggeration to hype something new they're selling? Pls do share.
I don't own any Agile's, just a couple of SX basses, but I feel it'll be a real bummer if Agile brand is no more.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
@LeviathanKiller is spot on. I emailed Keith myself a couple days ago.... no way it's going to sell for a while. I won't share exactly what I got (you guys can do that yourselves) but it was not professional or detailed in the slightest. Also no actual given price, it's just open to offers. Not gonna sell unless another guitar company grabs it.

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood pickup tester
Reaction score
psssh if they want another company to buy them out then they probably should just reach out to them instead of advertising the sale on their website.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Sounds like a Licencing agreement to me. Whatever happens with this I hope they go back to at least offering something like the original Interceptor Pro's of 10 years ago. I haven't liked anything much I've seen from them for some time now. I hope they keep and expand on custom shop ideas and keep all the prices reasonable too. They're kinda like Ibanez to me now. Every weird thing but what I want. Obvious, simple , basic and functional. A bolt on version of an actual Interceptor Pro of 10 years ago with a few custom shop options would a big winner, imo. They had the Interceptor bolt on version which ticked all the boxes , but it was a totally different guitar than the Pro version. Just make the Pro version with a bolt on neck instead. If this is an outsourcing licencing agreement then that only means more expensive for the same factory's goods.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
^ so was it a joke? or an exaggeration to hype something new they're selling? Pls do share.
I don't own any Agile's, just a couple of SX basses, but I feel it'll be a real bummer if Agile brand is no more.

No, but it might as well be

@LeviathanKiller is spot on. I emailed Keith myself a couple days ago.... no way it's going to sell for a while. I won't share exactly what I got (you guys can do that yourselves) but it was not professional or detailed in the slightest. Also no actual given price, it's just open to offers. Not gonna sell unless another guitar company grabs it.

Got further than that. It was nowhere near realistic sadly. My concern is that Agile is going to die off at this point if Kurt is not wanting to continue the brand but no one else is capable of taking it over. Is what it is.

Sounds like a Licencing agreement to me. Whatever happens with this I hope they go back to at least offering something like the original Interceptor Pro's of 10 years ago. I haven't liked anything much I've seen from them for some time now. I hope they keep and expand on custom shop ideas and keep all the prices reasonable too. They're kinda like Ibanez to me now. Every weird thing but what I want. Obvious, simple , basic and functional. A bolt on version of an actual Interceptor Pro of 10 years ago with a few custom shop options would a big winner, imo. They had the Interceptor bolt on version which ticked all the boxes , but it was a totally different guitar than the Pro version. Just make the Pro version with a bolt on neck instead. If this is an outsourcing licencing agreement then that only means more expensive for the same factory's goods.

Not a licensing agreement.

I'm not comfortable divulging what was (barely) discussed but Kurt emailed back really fast and doesn't really seem to have any requirements placed on the inquirer before he lets you know what he's wanting for the brand.

spudmunkey

Reaction score

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
No, but it might as well be

Got further than that. It was nowhere near realistic sadly. My concern is that Agile is going to die off at this point if Kurt is not wanting to continue the brand but no one else is capable of taking it over. Is what it is.

Not a licensing agreement.

I'm not comfortable divulging what was (barely) discussed but Kurt emailed back really fast and doesn't really seem to have any requirements placed on the inquirer before he lets you know what he's wanting for the brand.

Is it bigger than a loaf of bread?

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
Him just trolling Tosin is best case scenario here. But yeah Agile is still the "this is better than a Gibson and cost me $400" company. Poor singlecut folks love Agile.