Agile Septor Pro - Opinion?

• Thread starter Mullet
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mullet

Reaction score
Hi All,

My first post on here so a huge "hello" to all. I'm looking for some advice on a reasonably priced 7 string axe. I'm used to playing well spec'd 6 string guitars and have recently sold on an ESP M-II.

I've been looking at Agile guitars. In particular this one: Agile Septor Pro 725 EB EMG Nat Ash - RondoMusic.com

Are they any good? Does anyone on here have this model?

I'm a total newbie on 7s so all advice would be very much appreciated. Some thoughts on EMG 707s Vs Blackout Phase IIs would be helpful too.

Thanks all.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
they're good guitars for the money but since you're in the UK id suggest trying to find a used one because if you order from the states you wont be protected by the warranty, which means if you get a bad one you're stuck with it.

GizmoJunior

Reaction score
A lot of people really like them though I don't actually own an Agile. You'd be able to find a lot of information in the ERG section. Also because your outside of the United States it wouldn't really be worth buying one new. If you get a lemon you're out of luck. Search the used market or you could look into some other companies that carry nice sevens, a few would be ESP, Jackson, Ibanez, or Schecter.

Wilberforce

Reaction score
I use to own the Septor Pro 727.

CONS
-The finish on mine was a little thin resulting in easy chipping of the paint but you should probably be fine with a natural finish.
-The combination of the reverse head stock (I love the look of reverse head stocks btw) and the string through body/TOM bridge makes for quite a bit of excess string noise, at least it did with my 727.

Other than that I can't think of any other flaws.

The neck is going to be a little bit thicker than the ESP M-II.

Pickups
-My Agile came with active Cepheus pickus. They're ok but not the best, the 707's will sound a lot better.

EMG vs Seymour Duncan, the great debate
-There are differences, sure, but its not as night and day as some people make it out to be. I prefer the Blackout Phase II, that's what I replaced the Ceypheus bridge pickup with and it murdered it. I feel like there is slightly more clarity and bite to a Blackout compared to 707's but they are still good pickups. To me it sounds like the 707's have a little more low end. It really depends what kind of sound you're after.

JohnnyClaiborne

Audio Engineer
Reaction score
I started off with a Schecter Damien Elite 7. Lots of people don't care for them but I like mine because the Damien series has a slimmer neck and it's very well built for the price. You get EMG actives and a really nice looking finish without loads of inlays like the Hellraisers. They may not be the best 7 string guitars ever but they are consistent and they play well, and you can find a used one for around $350