Agile Texan 8 custom was actually done (!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Looks like an enlarged version of the mormal Strat/Tele/Pbass/Jbass headstock that they used to use to me. It wasnt a complete ripoff of Fender but Kurt changed it anyway.

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
I suppose having an 8 with single coils that was a bit more twangy would probably push one in quite an interesting new musical direction actually. I recently started playing a tele (wish I'd bought one years ago, they are fantastic instruments) and I noticed that I had started to unconsciously change my playing style (not only in terms of phrasing but also what I was actually playing) in order to get the most out of the distinct tone of the guitar. Makes me wish I could get a Texan 8 now...

Holy Katana

Wait, what?
Reaction score
Nice.

I love teles and ERGs but I can't see as I'd ever really want to combine the 2 to this extent. I can't see any 8 string musicians out there who play the kinda stuff teles are usually used for. Then again, that doesn't mean it's a bad thing.
Sure, you wouldn't normally think of country players playing an 8-string, but Teles are also used in fusion. And indie, but that has the same sort of unwritten "no ERGs allowed" rule that country does. That said, if I had one of these puppies, I'd write some 8-string indie.

Ive played all sorts of metal just fine on Strats (traditionally equipped), Gretsch hollowbodies (traditionally equipped). I really dont get all this certain guitars for certain genres BS. Its all fine and dandy for someone to chug on an LP but not a Tele? My friends stepdad plays a Warlock in his blues/country/gospel group just because he loves the neck on it.

Its the man not the machine.
:agreed:

I can get some awesome metal tones out of my Ibanez AS-73, which is a semihollow. Granted, it's more of a sludge/doom-type sound, but I dig it.

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
Because I've never played one through an amp, I'm going to ask: what does a hollowbody sound like when you run it through an amp?

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
Nice.

I love teles and ERGs but I can't see as I'd ever really want to combine the 2 to this extent. I can't see any 8 string musicians out there who play the kinda stuff teles are usually used for. Then again, that doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

I know a couple of guys who would be murdering people just to get a shot at playing this guitar. Both are classic rock/jazz players. One a student and the other an instructor at my school. The student is already trying to figure out how to get ahold of an 'Fender' 8 with single coils just for the possibilities in extended chord voicings... I have a feeling that 8 is gonna be the new 6.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
When I played guitar in a black metal band, I actually preferred to use my Hamer ES-335 copy over my Hamer superstrat copy, because tremelo-picked chords sounded much more articulate further up the neck. Everyone should have a hollowbody lying around :cool:

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
I know a couple of guys who would be murdering people just to get a shot at playing this guitar. Both are classic rock/jazz players. One a student and the other an instructor at my school. The student is already trying to figure out how to get ahold of an 'Fender' 8 with single coils just for the possibilities in extended chord voicings... I have a feeling that 8 is gonna be the new 6.

Perhaps, but I doubt it. Most people I know see Tosin Abasi and go 'WOOOW 8 strings?!' like they could never have even possibly fathomed the idea of such an instrument.

E733

DOOM
Reaction score
Always dug the tele design.

Looks pretty sweet as an 8 string :hbang:

Peteus

Reaction score
If you have chance could you record a vid interested to what you are going to do with it!

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That headstock looks like the original Agile/SX headstock before they changed it to the gumby headstock they use now. Kurt may have allowed it on a custom.

Killer looking guitar... i bet it just slays.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Nice.

Yea I'm kinda feeling like this too. That looks like a novelty guitar to me. Cool... But I dunno... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.