Agile: What's your opinion?

xXakhenatenXx

Reaction score
Hi guys i'm brand new to this forum, but i joined for one main purpose. I want to learn more about the Agile guitars. I currently own an Ibanez RGD7421 with Dimarzio Crunch Lab 7 and Liquifire 7 pups. I love the sound of my guitar, but i feel like it would be a good decision musically to upgrade to something with a little more... Oomph, persay. My current guitar has a 26.5 scale neck and i love it. I've been looking at the Agile Septor Elite 727 with Blackouts. It has a 27 scale neck, and a beautiful finish. Plus the frets are ebony and the neck is a neck through body! It sounds like it would be the polar opposite of my guitar (in a good way) but i'm just curious if there is something i'm missing? 800 dollars for a guitar that kickass seems like a stretch. Feel free to comment on your opinion on Agile, Ibanez, PUP preferences, and just anything you'd think help! Oh my biggest inspiration is John Petrucci, Trent Hafdahl, and Daniel Bergostrom.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

otisct20

Reaction score
Never would've guessed.

Don't berate the guy for asking a question. He's new and didnt realize he shouldve searched. It happens.

Anyway, Welcome to the forum! :wavey: I hate agiles purely because for me the neck is far too round and just terribly uncomfortable. I completely recommend trying one if you can before you buy it. You may also want to wait and see if you can snag an old Ibanez XL, I noticed Bergstrom is one of your influences and thats what he uses. But honestly quality wise, agile is on par with schecter and ltd and has a great return policy for US costumers.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
I made a jump and bought an 8 string from them without trying it and was very pleasantly surprised with it. They're solid guitars for the money that you pay for them and I would definitely echo what otisct20 and say that they are on par with many Schecters and LTD's

jarnozz

Let´s Get Wasted!
Reaction score
I own one and I can't say I love it to death. I'm building my own guitar which feels 10 times better, while it's still under construction xD. The agile plays nice and it's a great guitar for the money. But you get what you pay for. the fretwork on my agile wasn't that great so I redid that. The electronics were decent and it did need a quick setup. the return policy in the us is great so you should give it a try! if you don't like it, send it back! that simple

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Agiles are decent guitars, but don't expect it to blow your Ibanez out of the water (though I haven't played that particular model). What do you feel is lacking in the guitar, that you think an Agile will improve on?

2ManyShoes

10th Degree GearSlut
Reaction score
I've got three (7, 8, and 9-string Pendulums). For what you pay, they are outstanding. I think a lot of people use them to test the waters for exotic builds and later move on to higher-end stuff (almost necessarily custom) if/when they decide to stick with the exotic design.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
hey, give the unnoficial forum name some love, ChuggaChuggaLand.org :wub:

@Thrashmanzac:

thanks for all the links man ;), Im thinking of getting an Agile......

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
I like mine, I wouldn't buy another. It's too heavy, too bulky, the necks too big and it just has a significantly cheapish feel to it. That being said I mainly play PRS. That also being said, it's better than any other midrange price seven that I tried (Ibanez, Schecter, etc...)

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
Welcome to the board!

I've played around with my friend's Agile 7 and it sounded pretty good. The pickups aren't SUPER amazing but they aren't bad. The neck is a little thick but some people prefer it that way.

Agiles aren't sketchy at all, I know it seems like it because you can't find any agile website >.< but they're growing!

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
The thing that really irks me about the OP was this: "The frets are ebony"

:rofl:

I hear that said often and find it funny.

ihunda

Reaction score
Ah ah ah, reposting myself, this question comes out a lot :)

I have an agile 3100, actually a pretty unique purple bird:
1244234244-purplebirdflower.jpg

Let's not kid oursleves, this is a great guitar but cannot be compared to a les paul standard or custom, NO MAPLE TOP and lower quality tone woods (especially the ebony fretboard IMHO).

I agree though that it's a better deal for the money. But my Gibson LP studio beats it tone wise, it's a simple, cheaper LP studio worn brown and just playing acoustiscally, the difference is huge!

p1_ugqy1dzwu_so.jpg

Agile = great value for $$$
Agile != best guitar ever