Agile: What's your opinion?

ihunda

Reaction score
Also a good tip on buying a Gibson LP studio or any other guitar:

1. Go to as many music store as you can
2. try out a bunch of LP (new or used) on the same type of amp, same settings.
3. Pick the one that you liked the most out of dozens of them
4. You just got your perfect guitar

Doesn't have to be an expensive guitar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xXakhenatenXx

Reaction score
Don't berate the guy for asking a question. He's new and didnt realize he shouldve searched. It happens.

Anyway, Welcome to the forum! :wavey: I hate agiles purely because for me the neck is far too round and just terribly uncomfortable. I completely recommend trying one if you can before you buy it. You may also want to wait and see if you can snag an old Ibanez XL, I noticed Bergstrom is one of your influences and thats what he uses. But honestly quality wise, agile is on par with schecter and ltd and has a great return policy for US costumers.

Yeah i love Vildhjarta a whole lot. Them and Meshuggah are probably two of my biggest influences. And the neck for Agile's are rounded? See now thats good to know. I looked up the specs on that and all it kept telling me was the size at nut and last fret, but not its curve. I don't mind wide necks, but i do prefer a more flat feel vs. curved. Probably why i love Ibanez so much. I played on some schecters (hellraiser c-7 and an omen) but i wasn't too crazy on the neck, and in my opinion that is probably the most important part of the guitar because its where you make most contact with, obviously xD And pickups can always be changed, but i'm still getting used to the different woods and how they resonate with different pickups and change the tone. My pickups have an extremely high output for passives, and it sounds just like bergstrom's tone with how poppy the crunch can be.

xXakhenatenXx

Reaction score
Agiles are decent guitars, but don't expect it to blow your Ibanez out of the water (though I haven't played that particular model). What do you feel is lacking in the guitar, that you think an Agile will improve on?

Its not what i feel is lacking, its what i feel would make a good live tone vs what i have. I love the sound of tight pickups, and will always prefer passives, but i also like the ease of actives. Its one of those things where my guitar is made for alot of... Technical play. It doesn't resonate as well as alot of guitars, but that wasn't the way i wanted it to be. I feel that the deeper i get into more of a progressive sound, however, that it would be smart to pick up something with kickass resonation. And i've noticed that most higher up agile's have neck through bodies. It just seems like it would be interesting to own two seven strings that are almost polar opposites, you know?

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I will only use Agile 7s for the rest of my life.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
in all seriousness, i do own an agile semi-custom king v. it is a decent axe for the price imho. it does not however compare to my 7 string xiphos or a uv777bk.

that being said, i like the one i have, never played any other but mine and it was better than a couple washburns ive owned/played and much better than a shecter ive tried.

welcome to EBMMJP-ibby-agile-BKPonly-custom-sevenstring.org

fix'd.

i was gonna add swirled paint & cavin but i didnt want to blow his mind just yet...

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
I don't like mine at all. I got a semi custom Hornet 7, the frets are too small for me and when I shift the guitar I can hear something rattling in the body.....maybe it's a mouse.

I read the frets are pretty much all the same on all. It's shreddy but it feels like I'm playing on the wood (insert joke) and not the frets, that bugs me, plus it's really quiet, with the EMG's sounds like a blanket is covering the guitar.

So, blah....you're better off with your Ibanez, or save up and get a custom
!

Philipino425

Reaction score
I would not recommend Agile. I recently went through 2 terrible experiences with an Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN EMG, intonation was shit. Their quality is slipping and simply not worth the risk. If you ask me, do not buy an Agile!! Save up a bit more and get a carvin or maybe a bit more a month get a strictly 7.

My opinion, Fuck agile.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've bought a custom about 4 years ago plus I picked up one of their Hawker 7s in July and I love them both. I will continue to buy/use Agiles for years to come.

mikelink

ss.org Ragguler
Reaction score
I've got 2 Agiles, both pendulum elites (EMG 808s instead of stock Cepheus pickups). I can't comment on the stock pickups, but I like the sound of my 808s.

elite1.png

elite2.png

I think that the quality of these guitars is quite impressive for the price, and I really find the deal in the fact that I can have fanned frets for under a grand. Plus Rondo's return policy is pretty much non-hassle.

I know there's a lot of people that don't like these guitars, and maybe there's some that have played them and just don't care for them. But I feel like some people don't just because they aren't seen in their local Guitar Center or their favorite artist endorses them. I know I've talked to a ton of people that just go "Agile... never heard of them." and dismiss them as cheap generic guitars. And maybe the majority of their stuff is cheap. And generic. They do have a lot of clone guitars that are super inexpensive, but I'm definitely happy with my purchases from them, and will continue to buy their stuff.

Maybe I'm in a different category though - I'm at the point where I'm writing and recording at home for my own pleasure, not gigging anymore. I remember when I did, there were so many "artists" really concerned about how they looked, and relied on their gear and clothes to impress people and not their talent.

I say buy a guitar for how it works for you. If you like the way it plays and sounds get it for that reason - not because of the name.

WaffleTheEpic

Banned
Reaction score
I would not recommend Agile. I recently went through 2 terrible experiences with an Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN EMG, intonation was shit. Their quality is slipping and simply not worth the risk. If you ask me, do not buy an Agile!! Save up a bit more and get a carvin or maybe a bit more a month get a strictly 7.

My opinion, Fuck agile.

Oh screw off. Their quality is fine, you just are too fucking lazy to intonate a guitar.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
Oh screw off. Their quality is fine, you just are too fucking lazy to intonate a guitar.

+1

Yeah, I saw that thread too. Obviously some guitars need a setup when you get them; don't blame them for your inability or laziness.

I've played a handful and they're great guitars for the money. When I got my 8 string I *gasp* set it up and it plays very very well.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
for 800 dollars? ive had several ibanez and agiles. trust me when i say your best bet is to get an ibanez rg7620/ rg1527 , and put bare knuckle warpigs in them, and thicker guage strings.

coming from experience with agiles, if youre going from an ibanez to an agile, youre not gonna like it more then the ibanez, and end up trading it for an ibanez probably. because it doesnt play as nice as my 7620 i traded it for.

WaffleTheEpic

Banned
Reaction score
I like my 828 better than the RG8 and RGA8 I played up at my local music store. Plays better than the ESP Steph Carpenter signature they had up there as well. Don't get me wrong, I like Ibanez products. My GSR bass is the best quality low-end bass I've ever played. (and I've played a lot of them. :lol: )

People give Agile so much shit for stuff they don't deserve, like Philippino up there. Agile are amazing for the price you pay and from the experience I've had with Kurt, I'll always be shopping from Rondo.

mikelink

ss.org Ragguler
Reaction score
trust me when i say your best bet is to get an ibanez rg7620/ rg1527 , and put bare knuckle warpigs in them, and thicker guage strings.

coming from experience with agiles, if youre going from an ibanez to an agile, youre not gonna like it more then the ibanez

I used to have Ibanez guitars and didn't like the feel of them as much as my agile, just personal preference I guess.

craigny

Winning...duh
Reaction score
Agiles are "cheap" cause your buying them from the distributor, if they were sold in GC or any other place they would be at least 150 bucks more to accomodate for the stores markup (and thats a low end number IMO)...upper end Agile=Upper end LTD, Schecter....same MIK quality...play an Elite model and honestly tell me they're shit, and ill have a hard time not calling you a liar. other than the occasional lemon that even the big dogs are capable of...and ive had plenty of cork sniffer gear...Agiles are good guitars....and BTW anyone who thinks any guitar isnt going to need some setup work after leaving the factory and traveling long distances or sitting in a wharehouse is smoking dust.