Alkaloid - The Malkuth Grimoire (Prog Metal)

• Thread starter Thorerges
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crundles

Reaction score
I absolutely adore Alkaloid, so pretty hyped.

Don't think this album will surpass Liquid Anatomy for me, but any new material from them is good, so win/win.

chopeth

Reaction score
I wish the t-shirts weren't so meh

The new album cover makes me droll but too rich to put it in a tshirt I guess. Last grossman was great and i got the tshirt too. Anyway, music first, I hope there's an awesome album though the song shown didn't get me crazy, too much cthulu vibe, which I love, but... I had a huge dissapointment with last obscura and I'm scared there's a pattern maybe because of me, I don't want to blame anyone

neurosis

Reaction score
I wish the t-shirts weren't so meh

The new album cover makes me droll but too rich to put it in a tshirt I guess. Last grossman was great and i got the tshirt too. Anyway, music first, I hope there's an awesome album though the song shown didn't get me crazy, too much cthulu vibe, which I love, but... I had a huge dissapointment with last obscura and I'm scared there's a pattern maybe because of me, I don't want to blame anyone

I personally don't like how photo comps and digital art look printed on a t-shirt and favor prints that are more graphic design in nature. A more graphic and illustration style lends it self better to printing on textile IMO.

Did you see the stuff they added to the website? Those pre-order designs at the bottom look pretty cool. Since you are in Spain that stuff should get to you faster than overseas.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I pre-ordered the new album even though I'm not that excited about the new song. The pre-order was great though since it allowed to add Liquid Anatomy to the bundle for just 5€ - I listened to it a lot when it came out but didn't buy it because my financial situation wasn't that good, so now I get to add it to my collection for almost nothing.

Hopefully the new album will be as good as the previous two, at least it sounds like the direction is similar to the previous one...

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
It's a pretty cool album, but a lot to chew. I like this type of album, where you keep finding new details every spin.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Finally received the physical CD's, along with the previous album. Interesting packaging! I thought they had accidentally sent me vinyls, but it was just the mediabook version of the new album that was huge :lol:
Luckily I have a separate "display shelf" for albums that don't fit in the normal CD tower, so now that's there next to the Gloryhammer wooden box, two Wintersun albums and some other bigger box versions of albums.