All midi orchestra track - 8DIO for realistic orchestral sounds.

Najka

Reaction score
If you are looking to get a realistic orchestral library the 8DIO stuff is pretty solid.
I've been using the 8Dio stuff for a while now.

I just finished this orchestral track, using it as the intro for most recent project.
  • 8DIO Lacrimosa for Choirs
  • 8DIO Majestica for Orchestral Instruments
  • Drums are superior drummer 3.0
  • Synth is Spectronics Omnisphere (I have the old version)
I have been throwing in the solo violin from native instruments on other tracks which works really well for staccato.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
I bet running this through the UA Oceanway Studio room would sound awesome. Cool track too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Merrekof

Reaction score
Sounds awesome!

I used to incorporate this in my music as well. But I used hardware, had a Roland JV 1080 with several exp cards. Vocal pad collection, orchestral collection, techno,..
Sold it because I did not use it that much. Tbh, this sounds better from what Ican remember.

Najka

Reaction score
I bet running this through the UA Oceanway Studio room would sound awesome. Cool track too.

Sounds sick, really nice work man!

Thanks I really appreciate the feedback. Glad you enjoy it. I tried putting orchestral tid bits throughout a bunch of songs. The 8DIO stuff i think really helps you get that "Cinematic" sound.

If you'd like to hear other examples, in this song at 1:04 there is an orchestral break. I used Native instruments solo violin for the staccato part and 8DIO lacrimosa / Majestica to create the orchestra.

Najka

Reaction score
Sounds awesome!

I used to incorporate this in my music as well. But I used hardware, had a Roland JV 1080 with several exp cards. Vocal pad collection, orchestral collection, techno,..
Sold it because I did not use it that much. Tbh, this sounds better from what Ican remember.

Yeah, I have noticed that older stand alone equipment seems to have smaller sample library to pick from. The 8DIO stuff is a real orchestra they meticulously took thousands of samples of. it's honestly mindblowing they did it, the program is a work of art to me. They put a massive amount of production into making it.

The advantage of doing it on the piano roll is you have access to different playing styles, you can automate the velocity witch is pretty surprising how realistic the 8DIO responds to velocity changes.

If anyone wants to buy the software, I recommend waiting until the holiday. I remember last year it was discounted heavily around the holidays and black Friday.

newamerikangospel

Tonight.......you
Reaction score
Nice man. 8dio stuff is well engineered, and just sounds like what I want (I am an v8p member). The only other libraries I would recommend to someone would be the Cinematic Studio Series stuff, as it is so well scripted and well thought out when sampled. I juat feel like I have to fight it so much to get it to shine.

If I may give one critique. Especially with Majestica, try to space out your instrumentation. You may be be surprised to find your favourite string sound is actually a horn section for the bulk of it. Everytume I have orchestrated something for someone, they send me layers of string stuff, and when I spread it out with instrumentation, and small voicing changes, most people are amazed at how big and natural it sounds.

Najka

Reaction score
Nice man. 8dio stuff is well engineered, and just sounds like what I want (I am an v8p member). The only other libraries I would recommend to someone would be the Cinematic Studio Series stuff, as it is so well scripted and well thought out when sampled. I juat feel like I have to fight it so much to get it to shine.

If I may give one critique. Especially with Majestica, try to space out your instrumentation. You may be be surprised to find your favourite string sound is actually a horn section for the bulk of it. Everytume I have orchestrated something for someone, they send me layers of string stuff, and when I spread it out with instrumentation, and small voicing changes, most people are amazed at how big and natural it sounds.

Wow, no joke the Cinematic Studio stuff is awesome, I just checked out some examples on YouTube. If they go on sale later this year, I may buy some of their libraries - Thanks for the recommendation. This was my first time putting orchestral bits in a song, maybe guitar players favor the stringed instruments because it's more "familiar" especially guys listening to metal all the time. I understand what you mean, and that's a great point.

Edit - I also checked out the YouTube channel on your tag, did you program all the orchestral parts?

Last edited: