allan holdsworth’s velvet darkness ebony block sg les paul custom

• Thread starter crik
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Very cool piece. Love that era of SGs. Surprised it hasn’t yellowed more.

Don’t really like the album though. It probably shouldn’t have ever been released, and Allan & co. didn’t see a dime from it unfortunately. Pretty wild it was recorded at Rudy Van Gelder’s too.

crik

Reaction score

Don’t really like the album though. It probably shouldn’t have ever been released, and Allan & co. didn’t see a dime from it unfortunately. Pretty wild it was recorded at Rudy Van Gelder’s too.
allan also used it towards the end of his tenure w/ lifetime.

jco5055

Reaction score
i'm slightly confused- is this literally the guitar (serial number and all) that allan used? Or just a model that's the same? I'd assume the former based on the wear and tear but just thought I'd need to ask

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
Didn’t he use this when was with Soft Machine too? What a lucky duck to be able to play it, just having my picture taken with it would be awesome. I wish I had taken a picture with Allan when I met him.

chipchappy

thudmaster
Reaction score
wow. That is the coolest thing. He's my fav. Very jealous

I avoided buying the album sort of out of protest because he didnt get paid on any of it, but to me the songs themselves are still fun to throw on from time to time

Didn’t he use this when was with Soft Machine too?

Yep. There's a few videos of them playing live where you can see him w/ this guitar. I love that band so much!

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. It's so cool to see a piece of history posted here.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
Wtf? That's a crazy thing to get a hold of, wow. Up there w/ Di Meola's black 71 les paul custom from the elegant gypsy cover.