Alright here i go

• Thread starter modernmeat
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

modernmeat

Djentleman
Reaction score
you guys probably get this a lot so i'll try to make it quick
I've been playing 6 string for.... well, a while now haha and I've played a 7 probably only twice.
I'm looking to start getting into the whole extended range deal by getting my very own 7 as I really like to tune low which benefits my style yet im not into super wobbly 6 strings.
For my 6 strings I usually tune drop A/A#/B/C# .... yeah pretty much always drop tuning as thats what ive become accustomed to and if i got a 7 i would be thinking about tuning G#, D#, G#, C#, F#, A#, G#.... or maybe a half step or so lower, who knows, not at that point yet.
but with 6's i LOVE playing Ibanez, dont know what it is but i just get a great feeling playing ibanez 6's, so what might be some 7's I should ask for in the shop to test around with that might have a similar feel to an ibanez 6 and be a good guitar to make the jump to the world of 7s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
If your going to tune down, I'd recommend a bari 7, and Ibanez just started making one this year :yesway:
Check out the RGD2127, from what I've heard its pretty goddamn awesome, just needs new pups.

Edit: :welcome:

modernmeat

Djentleman
Reaction score

man you dont know how giddy youre making me... I've actually been looking at that guitar for a few months now... looks so great... just $1500 is a slight throwback at the moment for myself which is why I'm still looking just incase, thanks for securing my thoughts tho haha

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
If money's also an issue you can get an RG7420/7421/7620/7621 fairly cheap, string it with some high gauges and tune it down. A LOT of people on this forum can vouch for how well-made and worthwhile they are, including me. :yesway: If you're going to screw around with tunings I'd of course recommend the hardtail models (7421/7621) as that would make things a hell of a lot easier haha.

And I know what you mean with the Ibanez thing man, I cannot feel it with any other brand other than old Jacksons MAYBE. I played a high-end SG and the thickness of the neck at the upper frets pissed me off so much I instantly put it down. :lol:

modernmeat

Djentleman
Reaction score
i dont really plan around on screwing with tunings too much, once i get something ill stick with it... i usually take my guitars in to a pro shop and get it set up how i want it... i'll def look into those tho man just that new rgd is so sexy hahahahaha... thanks for the help fellers