Alternatives to Kalium?

• Thread starter Xfing
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Update: emailed 3/27, didn't get anything back. Called today and now I have a tracking number. I think it's back to just him, so calling might be the best way to get things moving. Over the years he seems adverse to digital communication.
Ack. I hate "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" situations. I feel likely I'm cutting in line. That said, I'll call tomorrow, because I hope to work on the guitar this weekend.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Ack. I hate "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" situations. I feel likely I'm cutting in line. That said, I'll call tomorrow, because I hope to work on the guitar this weekend.
Yeah, not a fan of that model of business myself. Especially considering I'm a department manager for an ecommerce, so the whole ignoring emails thing seems like something that should be impossible for anyone in business. Unfortunately for me, I haven't found another string brand that does what I want (dual tapers, varying wind lengths to accommodate longer scales, guitar ball strings up to and over .110) and Skip does make a super awesome product once you have it. La Bella used to, but apparently us picky ERG players were too much of a hassle to be worth it for them. I've interacted with him a few times over the years through social media and he comes across as someone who genuinely loves what he does, but doesn't love doing it as a business. I've just got to remember to order way ahead of when I think I need something.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
... I haven't found another string brand that does what I want ...
Same here. StringJoy is my usual "Go To" for strings, but there are things that Kaliumis the only option.
... but doesn't love doing it as a business...
Things were running pretty smoothly when @MFKitten was working there. I wonder what happened.
... I've just got to remember to order way ahead of when I think I need something.
Yep. This was a bit of an impulsive choice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.