Am I crazy buying 2 of the same guitar for different tunings?

Jackillin

In ignorant love with ERG
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have an Ibanez AZ premium & I absolutely love it, I've have a couple other guitars, tried loads more but never found anything I like playing as much as this one & my others rarely get played, gonna sell my Fender.

This model has a trem & I have it setup for drop C tuning as I'm working on a lot of Metacore songs with my teacher. Getting fed up of comprising on poor intonation, bridge angle etc when I switch between standard tuning and drop C so much that I'm not practicing some of my fave old songs in standard so I'm considering buying another AZ - exactly the same model but in a different colour. Am I crazy? I have been looking for a hard tail version of an AZ but can't seem to find any of those in my price range....any leads?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Two identical ( aside from the tops burl vs quilt) PRS guitars... exact specs otherwise. I keep em in same tune as well. The newer one I don't play hardly.. it's just there as a backup. I actually bought the second one in case anything un-fixable happened to the first one. It was a limited run so I figured I wouldn't be able to snag another one once discontinued... so buy two now heh!

Gonna say that a "Show your multiples of the same guitar" might be a cool thread

Jackillin

In ignorant love with ERG
Reaction score
Two identical ( aside from the tops burl vs quilt) PRS guitars... exact specs otherwise. I keep em in same tune as well. The newer one I don't play hardly.. it's just there as a backup. I actually bought the second one in case anything un-fixable happened to the first one. It was a limited run so I figured I wouldn't be able to snag another one once discontinued... so buy two now heh!

Gonna say that a "Show your multiples of the same guitar" might be a cool thread
Oh what a great idea! The thought never crossed my mind to buy another of the same until today, I always think diversify. 😂 But it's a really good idea!

Reaction score

I also own 2 of the exact same model an in same tuning, also because of backup, although their pickups are slightly different.

Regarding the "Show your multiples of the same guitar"... I guess @77zark77 would win it with his 9 Universes...

@Jackillin I'm not really sure we're a good adviser, I mean, we're all on a guitar forum where basically we advice each other on buying more gear... really, what were you expecting us to say, that getting a twin guitar is a bad idea?, hell no...

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Oh what a great idea! The thought never crossed my mind to buy another of the same until today, I always think diversify. 😂 But it's a really good idea!
For sure. Nothing fancy about these two but everything about em is just perfect for me comfort wise. Didn't want to risk not being able to get one again if my first one got stolen or severely damaged.

And of course a dedicated thread would just be an excuse for people to arrange a new themed photo-shoot lol but I'd love to see a buncha samesies in one place.