...and you thought the Ibanez copies were bad...

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Introducing Jhorn Custom Guitars!

NNG Thailand Guitar Custom Shop.

This place called "NNG Guitar" from Thailand makes copies of "higher end" instruments now! Don't want to wait 1-2 years for a skilled craftsman to build you a guitar? Buy a cheap knock-off from Thailand... they make tree-fitty an hour! Can't beat the quality there! :ugh:

Fake...

280423170.jpg

vs

Real...

003-4.jpg

Do you guys see the difference? :rofl:

Again... Fake....

A406083.jpg

vs

Real....

052-top.jpg

It's bad when they start going for small builders. First KXK, now Thorn.... weaksauce! :scream:

On a side note, their PRS copies look awesome however I heard from a buddy who spends half the year in Thailand for business that they are of poor quality... as if the above pictures/inlay couldn't tell you that already! Look... the Thorn "T" is BACKWARDS on their guitar! :rofl: Awesometastic! :nuts: :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
They look nice, about quality hard to tell, but the look is very, very good :)

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Look on the bright side. If you bring that guitar camping, you can use the neck and fretwork to saw firewood! :woohoo:

:rofl: Yes! I wonder if they spray their guitars with that Chinese lead-based paint too! Lead-poisoning and wood saw, all in one convenient package! :D

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
If i were gonna copy a thorn, i'd call my Company Porhn :lol:

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
that owl headstock inlay kills me:rofl:. seriously, it looks like it was made by a third grader in art class :lol:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
They may be copies, but they look pretty good. :embarrassed:

Eh, if you compared the fake one with the real thing in person, you might think otherwise. :agreed: Like I said, their PRS copies LOOK good but my buddy working in Thailand said they don't play/sound all that great. I just think it's hilarious that the Thorn "T" Logo is BACKWARDS on the copy! :rofl: Good stuff.... :D

msherman

Banned
Reaction score
Judging by the pics on their site on what a fire hazzard that factory is, lets hope it blows up soon:yesway:
Ron must be TRIGGERED!