Anderson 7 strings returning

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Wonder if it will only be a 24-fret 7. That would be too bad but probably is likely. But I guess that neck is maybe only 22 frets?

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Wonder if it will only be a 24-fret 7. That would be too bad but probably is likely. But I guess that neck is maybe only 22 frets?
Maybe it'll be 22 fret but only bridge pickup. :lol:

I played an Anderson 7 an eternity ago and I loved it. I wonder what the price point will be in 2022...

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
The guitar in the Instagram post is routed for a pickguard, so almost definitely a Guardian Angel (24-fret).

Also the "Level 7" and "Building 24" in the cryptic description.

EDIT: In the "Guitar Tales" section on their website they have more photos.
8+Jason+astonished.jpg

jco5055

Reaction score
it is a 7 string Angel (or something equivalent to it if they technically give it a different name)...I emailed them with neck questions for a normal Angel, and mentioned if they could possibly let me know if there was anything else coming up this year that I may regret putting in an order now (Like how I missed out on an Raw from Aristides by like a month), and Anderson said "the only thing left involves the number of strings"...so I've sat on this for a like a month haha.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
YEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

7 string Angel is as close to a must buy for me as can be. It will serve as the Floyd/trem counterpart to my 080.

This is funny. Getting my Aristides actually fueled my Anderson GAS because of how nice it is and made me miss my Drop Top. This just works out wonderfully.

dirtool

Reaction score
The guitar in the Instagram post is routed for a pickguard, so almost definitely a Guardian Angel (24-fret).

Also the "Level 7" and "Building 24" in the cryptic description.

EDIT: In the "Guitar Tales" section on their website they have more photos.
8+Jason+astonished.jpg
the neck so small looks like a 6 strings

Sleazy_D

Reaction score
Any guesstimations about the price? I’m way ok with merely a bridge pickup. Now that I’m a codger, I feel like it might be strat time.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I emailed Anderson and they said they are going to do Angel and Angel Players (no top). Angel Players start around $4,100 new. So I would assume that's the baseline price. They said they will open up orders for 7's in "late summer/early fall."

I'm considering an Angel player with their new "organic grain" finish. Basically this, but blue and fixed bridge.
wt2xgkm4owbjdosutvap.jpg