Andy James FFDP

• Thread starter Bdtunn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, Trujillo already had quite the successful music career prior to joining Metallica, it's not like he was an unknown.

Boris_VTR

Reaction score
I really think that Ivan has great powerful vocals. They have nice simple and catchy songs that are great companion when doing sports, driving car or during work. Not ashamed to admit that I own couple of their records. When looking pictures.....um... :)

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Good on him! When I saw the announcement on instagram I legit thought they were those who guys hang out at small bar gigs and talk about the good ol days when they used to tour with (insert period correct band name). Then they go smoke weed behind the building and try to pick up high schoolers

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Them not letting him write is a total slap in the face tbh.
I hope Andy is given full band member rights for 5FDP.

Loomis got done dirty imo.

Unless you have insight into the actual discussions, he very likely knew exactly what he was signing up for. I doubt anyone would try to lead someone at his level on about what the “job” is.

He’s leveraging that job into further new instrument contracts, etc too.

Boris_VTR

Reaction score
Unless you have insight into the actual discussions, he very likely knew exactly what he was signing up for. I doubt anyone would try to lead someone at his level on about what the “job” is.

He’s leveraging that job into further new instrument contracts, etc too.
I'm pretty sure that Zoltan will have no problem letting him write his own solos. He is no solo virtuoso or mustain/alexi egomaniac regardin that.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
So I was listening to Andy James' latest album on spotify last night and so many of the songs sound like they're lifted right off of a FFDP album, from the soloing style and riffs. It's like he was auditioning.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Zoltan will have no problem letting him write his own solos. He is no solo virtuoso or mustain/alexi egomaniac regardin that.
I doubt Mustaine has written anyone's solos for decades. Chris Broderick's were far too boring, and Marty's were far too out there. Kiko also sounds like himself.

Mathemagician

Reaction score

I was actually referring to Loomis - lack of clarity is on me. In that I’m sure they spoke about whatever is and isn’t expected.

I don’t know enough about FFDP to even guess, but they all seem pumped so good for him getting into a huge band.

Boris_VTR

Reaction score
I was actually referring to Loomis - lack of clarity is on me. In that I’m sure they spoke about whatever is and isn’t expected.

I don’t know enough about FFDP to even guess, but they all seem pumped so good for him getting into a huge band.
oh, my bad :) Strange that they don't utilize Loomis more. Maybe their writing style is indeed all that different as Amott is saying?

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
Them not letting him write is a total slap in the face tbh.
I hope Andy is given full band member rights for 5FDP.

Loomis got done dirty imo.

I'm sure Loomis is mad depressed - until he checks his bank account and realized he is getting paid to do nothing at all.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I remember him also saying that he was on so many drugs while getting pulled over only because of his speeding. I highly doubt he had fuck all to do with Marty's solos.

*People raving about the Tornado of Souls solo*

Mustaine, in the background: H-hey, yeah, I wrote that! Wanna hear me hum it to prove it?!

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Pay attention, the symbolism is pretty subtle. You might miss it.

David-Bowie-Feels-Your-Pain-In-Wince-Reaction-Gif.gif

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Ugh...just watched some more of it. This...this is bad. Like...even the song lyrics, and the video description are level-headed enough to stand behind...but that video? Noooo, thank you.

But to their defense, they've lost a fan they never had, so...I'm not their target audience, anyway. :)

VagueGreatHornshark-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.