Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
^ Tosin Abasi seems to be wholly and completely unable to stagnate. If you look at where he's taking that Wooten thumping technique in the second video, you can see just how far he's come from their first album.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
Thanks for those videos, I'll check them out later today. I love watching his clinics.

On an unrelated, still AAL related note Weightless finally clicked for me. I don't know why but for the longest time the album felt somehow lacking but suddenly it doesn't. I'm happy that it finally worked its way into my brain as I love this band. New Eden is so good.

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
I remember some interview with Lee from BOO where he talked about having to learn how to use Guitar Pro to make tabs for Tosin. I think it came up in a question about Jason and his use of GP or something.

guitareben

Reaction score
Dude is such a down to earth guy. You'd expect someone that's widely regarded as one of the most talented guitarists on the planet to have even a slight ego, but nope.

Well I'm not sure about that...

But I think it's cool that he's such a chilled guy :D

liberascientia

Cat Dad
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure about that...

But I think it's cool that he's such a chilled guy :D
I dunno man, everyone I've ever met that's heard of him, or heard him play has agreed that even if they don't enjoy his style of playing, he's incredibly talented in terms of his technical chops. You can't really argue with that. It's even more apparent when you see him in the flesh, playing without a backing.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
I think he might've meant in the sense like, "Not everyone knows who Tosin Abasi is" kind of thing. I'm sure you could play a clip of him playing to someone with no extended background in metal and they'd most likely agree he's super gifted. But we already know all that :p

AugmentedFourth

X:1 K:C [c^f]|
Reaction score
I had a friend IM me saying that he thought it would be a good idea for Javier and Tosin to make an album where they traded off playing solo pieces, and perhaps call it "A Taste of Javier and Tosin" and have them pose seductively on the cover.

So within the hour, I made it happen.

Ladies and mentlegen, I present to you the 6-track EP
"A Taste of Javier and Tosin"

Track Listing:

1: TAM100 (Abasi) 0:46
2: Hace Tiempo (Reyes) 1:31
3: 7 String Slapping (Abasi) 1:01
4: An 8 String Short Piece (Reyes) 1:51
5: Julien Bergeron #8 Acoustic 8 String Guitar (Abasi) 0:52
6: Suspiro (Reyes) 0:59

Total Time: 7:00 (420 seconds exactly :agreed:)

All jokes aside, this is a cool little playlist to listen to because none of these have ever actually been released, and they are very good compositions. Enjoy.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I had a friend IM me saying that he thought it would be a good idea for Javier and Tosin to make an album where they traded off playing solo pieces, and perhaps call it "A Taste of Javier and Tosin" and have them pose seductively on the cover.

So within the hour, I made it happen.

Ladies and mentlegen, I present to you the 6-track EP

Track Listing:

1: TAM100 (Abasi) 0:46
2: Hace Tiempo (Reyes) 1:31
3: 7 String Slapping (Abasi) 1:01
4: An 8 String Short Piece (Reyes) 1:51
5: Julien Bergeron #8 Acoustic 8 String Guitar (Abasi) 0:52
6: Suspiro (Reyes) 0:59

Total Time: 7:00 (420 seconds exactly :agreed:)

All jokes aside, this is a cool little playlist to listen to because none of these have ever actually been released, and they are very good compositions. Enjoy.

This has to happen. If Tosin doesn't see it in this thread, I propose someone tell him at his next outing. Or maybe we should start a petition. I know a lot of fanboys (or at least more dedicated fanboys than myself) would be down for it.

There also needs to be a bear rug somewhere on the cover.

Reaction score
That was tasty indeed. Thanks Aug.
yyvVwb3.gif

lawizeg

Reaction score
Javier just posted this on his youtube channel today and it sounds awesome!

Wow. I love how classical his playing seems, it was honestly like I was listening to him say something. I'm so frequently stunned by the three of them in AAL, just how articulate and fantastic they are as musicians.

And his guitar is amazing :agreed:

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
For people that have heard The Optimist ;)

I don't think it's legal to post up here since it's something you get for Subscribing to Guitar World. But it's out there in stream form, wasn't too hard to find. Track came out surprisingly well, glad it's more of a rhythm centered song.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
As much as I love AAL, I'm not in the position, nor do I have the inclination to subscribe to GW just to hear their new songs. Even if they try to sucker me in with Ben and Dweevil. In fact, maybe it's best that I don't so I won't have to deal with Asking Alexandria.