Another Agile Interceptor review.

• Thread starter Donnie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Leon said:
are you within the grace period for sending it back to Rondo for a full refund?
True. Send it back Donnie and get a refund.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
yeah donnie you are in the grace period kurt is a good guy he will take it back.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Donnie = Ogre Damn, you're tall... :fawk:

I like that color, and I kinda want one of those guitars, but I'm not sure how'd I'd deal with the neck (I have small hands). Would you say the profile is more of a C-shape than a D-shape?

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
noodles said:
Donnie = Ogre Damn, you're tall... :fawk:
6'4" of glorious flesh and hair. :D

Anyway, I'd say it's pretty much D shaped. It's big but manageable. Now that I've had some time with it, it's more of the fret size that messes with me than the size of the neck.

guitarjitsumaster

seven times seven
Reaction score
Really?, what are they Xjumbo. That actually makes me want one more. I like that almost scalloped feel big frets can provide. If you are used to small frets big ones are hard to get used to. I would have thought that the petrucci's would have had at least jumbo frets though or maybe your talking about width.

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ok, I'll keep it for about a week and really play it a bit before I decide to send it back. Since I have up to 30 days.

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's what I understand.

Taken from the Rondo site:

Rondo Music said:
Return Policy

If you received an incorrect item or items are received damaged, the item must be returned within five business days of receiving. Items may be returned for any other reason within 30 days of receiving. Customers that received the wrong item or damaged items may elect to have the item replaced or refunded. All shipping charges will be refunded to the customer as long as return shipping cost does not exceed shipping to customer’s location. If your you believe your return shipping charges will exceed the shipping charged to you, you may wish to select UPS/Fed Ex to pickup from you. Return shipping charges will be mailed back in the form of a check. Returns and exchanges will usually be processed within one week of receipt.
Yet another thing that makes them pretty cool in my book. :yesway:

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
yeah rondo is pretty good company to deal with.

edit forgot the word GOOD

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
guitarjitsumaster said:
Really?, what are they Xjumbo. That actually makes me want one more. I like that almost scalloped feel big frets can provide. If you are used to small frets big ones are hard to get used to. I would have thought that the petrucci's would have had at least jumbo frets though or maybe your talking about width.

Whatever they are, they're not 6100, which is what I was hoping for.

At this point I'm not sure if I'm keeping mine neither, full review to come complete with pics (hopefully.)

Funny I've been thinking about this guitar all day.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Donnie said:
One thing I noticed in practice tonight was that the frets are freakin' huge campared to the JP7s. My fingers kept sticking. I'm also pretty heavey handed. So that might be a factor.
It sounds good and plays good, but it's just not my thing.
So if you're interested, keep an eye out in the classifieds. :D

Hey Donnie, did you think that the low e string was a bit high of thfirst fret on yours....????

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
psyphre said:
Hey Donnie, did you think that the low e string was a bit high of thfirst fret on yours....????
The whole bass side on mine was a tad too high as well. I fixed this problem by taking off the nut and sanding it. It plays so much better now.