Another Fortin Pedal, This Time It’s NATAS

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Meh. Options are good but anybody that drops $300 on a distortion pedal needs their head examined :lol:

That said there is a generation of guys that think pedals sound like amps that will eat this up, so more power to Mike for making cash with minimal effort.

Also epic lolz at Ola using the Fortin power amp that was never actually released for his demo.

Paul Gilbert

newborn baby
Reaction score
I
Meh. Options are good but anybody that drops $300 on a distortion pedal needs their head examined :lol:

That said there is a generation of guys that think pedals sound like amps that will eat this up, so more power to Mike for making cash with minimal effort.

Also epic lolz at Ola using the Fortin power amp that was never actually released for his demo.
I may need my head examined for still not figuring out how a $300 pedal can sound like a $4000 amp.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score

I still have a bit of an obsession with getting a ̶L̶a̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶D̶i̶n̶o̶ NATAS type deal, so I kind of like this. Especially being US made. But yeah... you're not wrong.

I still kick myself for not getting a Thrasher or Satan when they were under $2K or so new.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I can't help but get the feeling that Fortin would have ended up like Krank if not for superior marketing plan. From the VERY limited experience I have with Fortins and Kranks, the latter definitely sounded better, surface mount parts aside.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I still have a bit of an obsession with getting a ̶L̶a̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶D̶i̶n̶o̶ NATAS type deal, so I kind of like this. Especially being US made. But yeah... you're not wrong.

I still kick myself for not getting a Thrasher or Satan when they were under $2K or so new.

Go get it, it's even 10% off

There was actually one for $1199 with a flight case that sold recently.

rokket2005

Reaction score
I started watching the official demo but couldn't get past the guy pronouncing it "Nay-tas". Is that how you guys pronounce it, cause I've been saying "nah-tas" for 10 years and I've never heard anyone say it differently. Also it didn't sound very good.

ExMachina

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sounds solid to me. I'm also a sucker for a a sweepable mid so I can scoop that shit.

Werecow

Reaction score
I started watching the official demo but couldn't get past the guy pronouncing it "Nay-tas". Is that how you guys pronounce it, cause I've been saying "nah-tas" for 10 years and I've never heard anyone say it differently. Also it didn't sound very good.
Someone in the comments said "Finally a decent review of this pedal" on an official channel's reveal video of a product lol.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Since it’s Satan backwards, I’ve always thought “net-ACE” should be the “correct pronunciation.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The only way to pronounce it right is if you're in the Black Lodge.

But yeah it sounds good on the video. But like i said it doesn't seem very different from the Chug pedal. Also $300 for a single channel preamp pedal is noooooooooo especially with the competition.