Any good guitar magazines besides Guitar World?

• Thread starter Dusty201087
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm getting sick of GW. I still have yet to receive the August issue, and they won't even email me back about it. Plus it's annoying that by the time I get my magazine walmart has the new one in almost a fucking week.

Are there any GOOD guitar magazines besides GW? I mean, I love the content in GW but they're customer service is about as awesome as putting my hand in a blender. :noway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
I didn't realize people still bought real magazines :lol:

How much do they charge for GW?

I like to take them to school and read them during down-time :lol:

It's like $24.99 now with 12 months + disks, which I can't really complain about (if you just want the mag it's only $12) but it just seems like my issues never get to me and when they do its already so old I can almost tell you whats on the cover from random chat on message boards :nuts:

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry had too :lol:

:yesway:

saltwatersportsman.jpg

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Guitarist Magazine. It's a UK mag, but you can get a subscription and they'll post it to you. It's one I get pretty much every month, they do loads of features, reviews, some lessons etc. Not like the marketing whore that is GW.

The same with Guitar Techniques, which is more based on lessons. Very helpful magazine.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The thing about Guitar Player that's kept me from subscribing is the fact that they put 75% of every issue up on their website for free. Good mag, though.

Guitar Techniques is the best one currently available, in my opinion - tons of lessons and instructional material and a couple of tabs every month, plus a CD, and unlike Guitar World you're not skipping over ads every page.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Guitar Techniques is the best one currently available, in my opinion - tons of lessons and instructional material and a couple of tabs every month, plus a CD, and unlike Guitar World you're not skipping over ads every page.

this.

Guthrie Govan used to write for them, though I don't think he does anymore.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
this.

Guthrie Govan used to write for them, though I don't think he does anymore.

Nah, too busy with his own thing to write for GT any more.

Shaun Baxter is still writing though, he's just as awesome, very underated.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Guitar Techniques and Total Guitar - pretty much two sides of the same coin and ahead of the competition for the most part.

(Shaun Baxter is indeed underated but he's a terrific player and educator).