Any good virtual bass plugin?

• Thread starter Koneko
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Koneko

Reaction score
Is there any good virtual bass plugin lately?

I use Trillian but I'm not very satisfied with it...

Mostly playing 7/8 strings stuff.

What do you guys use ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Desolate

Erik Pike
Reaction score
Wait, have you done any processing on the bass plugin, or are we going under the assumption that you want it real good right out of the box? I've seen some damn impressive trillian work done when processed with Bias.

Koneko

Reaction score
Yeah, I use my Axe Fx II or plugins like EZ Mix 2.

Trillian is good but there is not a lot of bass model that can really fit modern metal and don't sounds good without a lot of processing to it.
I wonder if there is anything more recent that can do a better job ?

I use my Ltd 5 strings bass most of the time, but sometime I need lower tunings.

Some company should release a library made with a Dingwall, or some really good sounding extended scale bass...

jerm

Reaction score
I use Trilian and then I reamp it twice for a grit and distortion track (3 bass tracks: Trilian + 2 reamped tracks) with my kemper using a BK7 profile

Koneko

Reaction score
Thanks. The Djentbass doesn't sound too bad but so robotic... But for the low price, I might want to try it.

I don't have Kontakt though. Will this works in Kontakt 5 Player or do I need to buy Kontakt 5 ?

Yeah, I'm willing to spend money on a dingwall bass but I live in France... So with shipping cost + customs, it's not an option to buy used in the US/Canada.

And they're like $2000 brand new here.

neurosis

Reaction score
Check out texas grind on you tube. It has a few pretty strong presets.

Koneko

Reaction score
I use Trilian and then I reamp it twice for a grit and distortion track (3 bass tracks: Trilian + 2 reamped tracks) with my kemper using a BK7 profile

Do you have some audio clips ?
Seems like a lot of work to make it sounds half good to me...

I ended up picking this up. I had been using Zombass3 in Kontakt, which I thought was also really good.

Has some good presets in there as well

Frank The Smith — FTS Edge Bass

This sounds pretty convincing in the low register. It sounds a little robotic too in the high notes, but for the low stings, it sounds better than with any sh*tty bass... Thanks

jerm

Reaction score
Do you have some audio clips ?
Seems like a lot of work to make it sounds half good to me...

This sounds pretty convincing in the low register. It sounds a little robotic too in the high notes, but for the low stings, it sounds better than with any sh*tty bass... Thanks
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/ezerath/tomorrows-sun-mix-aug-22-2015-2[/SC]

My crap mix that I'm working on ha

Desolate

Erik Pike
Reaction score
Also, further reinforcement for the Trillian+Bias approach is the tutorial that Death Culture did, that dude made the bass sound unreal

Koneko

Reaction score
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/ezerath/tomorrows-sun-mix-aug-22-2015-2[/SC]

My crap mix that I'm working on ha

Nice, thanks.
I'm planning on getting a B7K later.

BTW, do you guys know if there's any good plugin that sort of emulate a B7K or a good Bass DI preamp ? I have the TSE BOD but it's not what I'm looking for I guess.

Also, further reinforcement for the Trillian+Bias approach is the tutorial that Death Culture did, that dude made the bass sound unreal

Thanks, I took a look at the vid on yt and it sounds killer... I might give Trillian a second chance with that approach.

Koneko

Reaction score
Yeah, I know the Sansamp plugin is nice but I use Studio One.

col

blah.
Reaction score
Here's a freebie that sounds pretty good:

No settings or options so you need to add your own fx and cab sims after it.

Koneko

Reaction score
Bass Grinder | Audio Assault

The demo version for free contains two heads and two cabinets if I remember, I'm not in home but I think Is right.

Thanks. I will look into it. Never too much free plugins to try :)

Here's a freebie that sounds pretty good:

No settings or options so you need to add your own fx and cab sims after it.

I'm not totally convinced by this one but again, it's free so I will give it a try. Thanks.

Anyway, I tried to play around with Trilian and the Death Culture tutorial yesterday and I'm pretty stocked on how Trilian can sound with the right settings... So now, I need to find a way to replicate the signal chain he used with my axe fx II or the plugins I own (I don't own BIAS).
So thank you Desolate to point this out.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
Nice, thanks.
BTW, do you guys know if there's any good plugin that sort of emulate a B7K or a good Bass DI preamp ? I have the TSE BOD but it's not what I'm looking for I guess.

Check out my SSO profile pic, it's a picture of a patch I made in Guitar Rig that (IMO) gets in the ballpark of a B7K.

I, for one, do not have $300+ to shell out for a pedal- even if it does sound freaking amazing, so I tried to copy it as best I could in GR.

EDIT: I'll cut you a sound clip once my new strings come in.

Koneko

Reaction score
Check out my SSO profile pic, it's a picture of a patch I made in Guitar Rig that (IMO) gets in the ballpark of a B7K.

I, for one, do not have $300+ to shell out for a pedal- even if it does sound freaking amazing, so I tried to copy it as best I could in GR.

Is your preset made with the free version of Guitar Rig ? If so, I'll try it this week end.