Any Products similar to POD HD Pro?

• Thread starter Oreo_Death
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Oreo_Death

Blackbird
Reaction score
So I was pretty deadset on getting this POD HD Pro I found on ebay the other day for what I found was a great deal ($480+shipping). Unfortunately, it didn't go to me because I suck at the last-minute eBay game:wallbash:. I'm trying to look at the positives since having something so close taken right before your eyes sucks (damn you, eBay). I'm taking this opportunity to take a step back and at least check out some other options that may be floating about. I really do want to get the HD Pro, but what else is out there that is the equivalent of it?

I really don't know what is so different between the HD Pro and the HD Pro X either, other than what I read on here which was that it was really just made because some part wasn't being made anymore. Any advice helps!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Unfortunately the POD HD Pro is the best thing for the price. You're better off finding another one or spending more for a used Axe FX Standard or Ultra.

Felvin

Friesian Hamburger
Reaction score
The HD Pro X has more processing power. The older ones (without the X) often came up with the 'DSP limit reached' message when two Amps + one or two effects were used.

Oreo_Death

Blackbird
Reaction score
Unfortunately the POD HD Pro is the best thing for the price. You're better off finding another one or spending more for a used Axe FX Standard or Ultra.

Haha thanks. Unfortunately, I am in no place to be able to throw down for a used Axe-FX when I can barely afford a used HD Pro :lol: oh the joys of college and the ensuing debt

Oreo_Death

Blackbird
Reaction score
Perhaps the eleven rack

What are the major differences between the two if you know? I can already see a huge price difference. It comes with Pro-tools in most of the sales for it I see. Someone else already asked, but is it only compatible with pro-tools?

BeyondDan

Beyond Fiction
Reaction score
The HD Pro is awesome for the price! You can probably check for the Digitech GSP1101 too...never had the chance to try one but i heard great things about it!

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
The HD Pro X has more processing power. The older ones (without the X) often came up with the 'DSP limit reached' message when two Amps + one or two effects were used.

not exactly...with the higher power processor you're only getting a little boost..about 20% according to user readings on the L6 boards, which means you might be able to squeeze one more effect in there, or be able to use a more DSP intensive reverb or delay with a dual amp patch. The DSP limit depends on the effects used and the amps used i.e.; one clean amp and you can probably use any effects you want, two clean amps, you might have to compromise on your ambience effects, two dirty amps and you're looking at basic delays and verbs if you don't want to hit the limit.

TrashJuice

Reaction score
If you search used.guitarcenter.com for "pod hd" you can find the Orlando GC is selling an HD Pro for $449.99. They'll ship it to your house or your local GC, and the 30 day return thing applies to used gear purchases.

Oreo_Death

Blackbird
Reaction score
If you search used.guitarcenter.com for "pod hd" you can find the Orlando GC is selling an HD Pro for $449.99. They'll ship it to your house or your local GC, and the 30 day return thing applies to used gear purchases.

You are amazing. Thanks!:yesway:

bukkakeONyoMAMA

Reaction score
The GC on route 18 EB New Jersey is selling new Pod HD 500x's for 350 bucks. You should check them out.

Respect points from central jersey. Im in monroe if you wanna jam. Im looking for someone to bounce ideas off of. Pm me if interested

Latest posts