Any tips on where to look for a on-line vocalist?

• Thread starter Nik
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
My friend's gonna try doing vocals for this one song I have pretty much done, but 1.) It'll take him forever cause he's a bit flaky like that and 2.) He can't sing (at least not yet).

So, I'm wondering, any tips on where I can find a vocalist on-line to do vocals for me? I already have the vocal line and lyrics written so there won't be too much work on their part. I'm looking for a modern-sounding vocals ala Daniel Gildenlow (even sounding like that Nickelback guy would work for me).

I tried the Dream Theater forums, but all the vocalists there sing like LaBrie, which is somethng I DON'T want, and I would imagine going to places like the Nickelback forums wouldn't work cause they're probably filled with teenage girls and testosteronally challenged middle-school boys. So, any ideas on where I can look?

It's driving me crazy... I REALLY want to have a finished song within the next week :mad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Drew said:
Tangent - who exactly is Daniel Gildenlow?

:scratch: Are you serious?

Daniel Gildenlow is the guy that writes all the music and does all the lead vocals for Pain of Salvation. Oh, and he can shred it up on the guitar pretty well, too. He's somewhat of a music genius, I think. Anyway, I absolutely love his amazing voice. In any case, looking for someone with a similar voice is a tall order, but if I'm in need of someone who can sing like his low parts (Gildenlow has an amazing vocal range).

I don't know where else to post, though, that's the issue.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
E-mail sent.

Hey, if you've had classical training, at least I'm guessing you know how to sing in tune-my friend can't quite do that yet :nuts:

abyssalservant

Ascaris
Reaction score
*laughs* Yeah.
I'm going to try to get a rough take down tonight, if I can. I'm kind of going crazy at the moment - regular bassist is unavailable for gig Saturday, so I've dug up an excellent replacement - but we have three days to prepare, and I've never played guitar with him before - I used to sing, er, scream rather, in a band he played bass for.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
abyssalservant said:
*laughs* Yeah.
I'm going to try to get a rough take down tonight, if I can. I'm kind of going crazy at the moment - regular bassist is unavailable for gig Saturday, so I've dug up an excellent replacement - but we have three days to prepare, and I've never played guitar with him before - I used to sing, er, scream rather, in a band he played bass for.

Cool man, I just hope you can do a tad more laid-back singing, too ;) Some screams here and there are pretty cool, though.

BTW, I'm no fan of rap, but spoken sections with a somewhat rappy feel are pretty cool.

Latest posts