Anyone ever use Ezdrummer live?

• Thread starter WarMachine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
if there is any info you would need to make it work, you will find it here for sure. good luck with it!

when is the show anyway?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
Pre plan your set so you push play once. Of course you'll need to rehearse dead spots in your set, but better to build good habits now.

WarMachine

Reaction score
if there is any info you would need to make it work, you will find it here for sure. good luck with it!

when is the show anyway?
Thanks dude, yeah i always come to SSO anyways even besides the knowledge pool it has lol. I dont have any scheduled anytime real soon, i was asked to jump on to a show in columbus on the 4th next month but i was more just thinking ahead, in the likely case we got something good and didn't have someone to sit in on the skins.

@DVRP - Absolutely dude, before i would even think about this i would be getting the crew together and making sure the music was tighter than a nun :lol::lol::lol:

BenSolace

Divine Solace
Reaction score
Pre plan your set so you push play once. Of course you'll need to rehearse dead spots in your set, but better to build good habits now.

+1. My band have a number of different setlists on our laptop, we just choose the most appropriate one for the show we're playing (both time wise and material wise) and we just load one up and press play. Not only does it ensure you don't run over your time, but you can add cool things in between songs like orchestral/glitchy things while you're introducing the next song. Of course, it helps to have in-ears with cues when doing this so you don't miss the start of the actual song!

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
There are musicians out there that do one man shows with everything else being on backing tracks, and they still find an audience.

There are musicians out there that don't even play their music live but DJ it (often in psy trance for example), and they still find an audience.

There are music acts out there where NO musicians are on stage, just a group of dancers/singers, and they still find an audience.

Dude, you have nothing to worry about. And since it's only the drummer you're missing you still have plenty of visual show. When you introduce your band just have the singer say, "We're currently down a member since our drummer left so we're playing along to drum tracks tonight. If you're a drummer and like the music hit us up after the show". Might land a replacement.

My electronic industrial project is just me and my singer. I do all the music and he does the lyrics and vocals. The music I write has sooo many different synth parts, drum parts, additional instrumentation, effects, etc. For me to perform our music live would be insanely complicated and require at least another person or two. We've played 4 shows where he sang over our songs in WAV format from my player while I controlled our audio and lighting rig. No one came up to us after any of our shows to tell us how boring and shitty our gig was, rather we have video of people dancing in front of the stage.

So yeah, you definitely can do it and I wouldn't overthink it or let others tell you that it would be lame, boring, cheating, or any of that nonsense.

Rev.

WarMachine

Reaction score
Thanks for that dude, i've been needing that :wavey: i keep reassuring myself with everything you said in that post lol. The way i've been looking at it is like this:

- It beats the shit out of sitting at home not doing shit
- Probably will end up being the tightest set we've ever had lol
- Beats the shit out of having a shit drummer.

Lets face it, i'd much rather people be leaving saying "dude, those guys ....in rip, i just wish they had a drummer!", than saying "yeah, those guitars are ....in killer but those drums kill the band" (when we HAD a drummer lol). If i can talk the crew into it i think we'll pull it off. Good thing about it is it shouldn't take too long to get prepped for it either, drums usually tend to be our biggest downtime, in the dude learning the tunes and us learning how to play around him haha.
+1 Rev :wavey:

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Excellent attitude bro! :metal: Like I said, you guys walk up on stage and the singer simply says, "We're down a member recently so tonight we're playing to a backing drum track" explains it all. I don't think anyone would stand there and say, "Oh man, these guys should've cancelled and sat at home until they got a drummer. There's still the rest of you to put on a performance!

Rev.

WarMachine

Reaction score
Exactly dude! I'd much rather be out doing our thang and reaching several people at once than just hitting up one at a time for drummers as well! Plus too, there are a shit ton of musicians that go to shows so it couldn't hurt! I just talked with my rhythm and he's down for it so hopefully we get my bass player on track and we can hit it up! if and when this goes down i'll make sure to necrobump (well hopefully not that long lol) and post the results here! Thanks again dude, and everyone else for your input :yesway: mucho appreciated! :wavey:

BenSolace

Divine Solace
Reaction score
Or, why not make a joke out of it? Bring along to shows a cardboard cut out or a home-made "scarecrow" made out of plastic piping or something. That's what I'd do! :fawk:

WarMachine

Reaction score
Lmao its funny you say that dude! We did a show last December in Columbus and the first band had one of those little shit first act brands you can buy at stores and a blow up doll with the sticks taped to its hands :lol: good shit

BenSolace

Divine Solace
Reaction score
Lmao its funny you say that dude! We did a show last December in Columbus and the first band had one of those little shit first act brands you can buy at stores and a blow up doll with the sticks taped to its hands :lol: good shit

Hah, now that's what I'm talking about. There's way too much seriousness in metal sometimes!

exarchangel

Guitarist
Reaction score
I personally use EZ drummer for the loops and superior drummer for the sounds, just drag the midi sections over......

For live, it could totally work, it would be a huge drain on the actual performance though, not having a real drummer....if you guys go balls out and put on an amazing show it can work though