Anyone interested in a Mesa Quad preamp and/or Mesa 50/50?

• Thread starter yacker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yacker

Reaction score
Mesa Quad preamp

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar:
Mesa/Boogie Quad preamp with FU-2 Footswitch and cable.
Modifications (if any): Recently serviced by Mesa/Boogie. They replaced the switch on the back that controls the effects loop and gave it a look over to make sure everything was in perfect working order. Very recently replaced tubes with JJ high gain tubes from eurotubes.com. This unit does not have rack ears but you can use a rack shelf such as this one if you need to mount it: Buy Raxxess Standard Rack Utility Shelf | Rackmount Shelves & Drawers | Musician's Friend
This unit does have some rack wear, typical of an older rack unit like this, but is in perfect working order.
Accessories (hardshell case etc): I will include six JJ 12ax7 backup tubes with this unit.
Location (City,State or City,Country): Salem, Virginia, USA
Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM me on here if you need to
References (eBay or other forum userid): yacker69 on ebay
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): US $675 (shipped to continental US) or if local pickup $600 cash
Pictures:

Explanation of features: Mesa/Boogie Quad Preamp (this is a page that explains the quad very well.)

Reviews can be found at: Mesa/Boogie Quad Preamp

Manual: http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/Quad Preamp.pdf

I have lowered the price to the absolute lowest I can possibly go on this unit. $675 will get you this unit and included shipping withing the continental US. It is an awesome preamp full of Mesa Boogie mark series tone. Any interested parties can comment here or pm me. I will reupload images for this item after I get off work.

In the 2nd picture it looks like the upper left hand corner has a dent, but it's really just the way the picture came out. There is some warping of the metal case though. This is illustrated in the last two pictures.

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

yacker

Reaction score
Hello, thank you for expressing your interest. You are more then welcome to submit a trade offer to me via PM so I can take it into consideration, but unfortunately the answer will most likely be no. The money I get from selling this will be put towards having a custom guitar built so the chances of somebody having exactly what I am looking for are slim to none.

If you have any further questions feel free to fire away and I will do my best to answer them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yacker

Reaction score
Pm replied. If you are interested in these or would like more pictures let me know. I will most likely be placing them for auction on ebay within the next day or two.

yacker

Reaction score
:bump:

This is the last day of the auction above on ebay. If you are interested, please make me an offer.

:bump:

The quad preamp did not sell on ebay, so I am offering it to you guys for the lowest price I can possibly go on this unit. I will sell it for $675 which includes shipping within the continental US. I will not be accepting any trades. The initial listing has been updated to reflect the changes. If anybody were able to do local pickup I would offer it to you for $600 cash. The $75 covers shipping as well as fees I would have to pay paypal.

This is a four channel preamp with tons of tone. It is described best here but I will do my best to describe it as well: Mesa/Boogie Quad Preamp

This is a 4 channel preamp with two foot-switchable graphic equalizers. Also, a nice feature is you can blend multiple channels to create even more sounds. This amp is essentially the highly sought after Mesa/Boogie Mark II C+ paired with a Mark III. You can also use relays for midi switching with midi units that support relays such as the TC electronic G-major and the Behringer FCB 1010 midi controller.

Channel 1 Rhythm: offers chimey cleans that easily rival fender quality.
Channel 1 Lead: Enters into that heavy sound that was made famous by Metallica's Master of Puppets. It can also give you that creamy lead sound that John Petrucci of dream theater is known for.
Channel 2 Rhythm: Offers that Marshall rhythm tone so many artists are famous for such as AC/DC.
Channel 2 Lead: Offers everything channel 1 Lead offers with extra gain to spare. This can offer up extremely heavy Mark series rhythm sound as well as the most liquidy lead sound available.

The reverb is also world class on this unit but I have very rarely used it due to having a separate digital reverb unit.

As mentioned there are also two footswitchable 5 band graphic equalizers.

yacker

Reaction score
:bump: bump for new pictures, new description, and lowered price.

yacker

Reaction score
:bump: I seriously hope this is the last time I have to bump this one. The Mesa Quad is on ebay again in a no reserve auction. It currently has one bid and the starting price was 600 + shipping. This is ending soon, so take a look and if you are interested make a bid. These things rarely go for under 700+shipping, not to mention with new tubes, so this might be your chance to get a great deal.

Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp FU2 New tubes + backups IIc+ NR - eBay (item 150364106119 end time Aug-12-09 17:18:28 PDT)

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
bump for a killer rack unit
these things sound great.
I wish I had the need for one, I'd be all over it.
someone grab this already

yacker

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch man, these really are great sounding preamps. The only real issue with this one is I wasn't able to find the rack ears :noplease: I think my three year old nephew hid them on me. Easily solvable with a rack shelf though.

I suppose it's worth mentioning that I'm unable to honor any pricing I've listed on this site due to being obligated to sell on ebay at this point. So, anyone that is interested will need to try to win the auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts