Black 80s Explorer

• Thread starter ZERO1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZERO1

Reaction score
Not sure where to post it but, I just got the new 80s explorer for an amazing deal at guitar center. Looks and feels great however I am not a fan of the chrome so I want to black it out. I tried looking online for black Gibson stop tail and bridge but been unable. Unless someone can point me in the right direction for genuine Gibson parts, what would be the next best thing? thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Gotoh has always been my go-to(h) for affordable, quality TOM bridges.

lost_horizon

Reaction score
Gotoh has always been my go-to(h) for affordable, quality TOM bridges.

There are multiple versions of this, the ABR style and the Eastern style, measure your radius, string gap and your post gap.

your is probably going to be a 104B, my MIJ les paul needed the 103B

You can also buy heaps of different saddles e.g. graphtech, nylon etc.

If you buy a Schaller STM you have not only the benefits of roller bridge but fully customisable string distance.

ZERO1

Reaction score
huh for some reason its not letting me upload them. im sorry i tried. if anyone is interested i got it from guitar center 1799 brand new. they were having a clearance sale on them. Might be nation wide.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
the nickel plated hardware would look pretty sweet...tones down the chrome but still feels original and looks classy