Anyone on here play Fortnite Battle Royale?

• Thread starter Blytheryn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Hey guys. Started playing Fortnite BR over the holidays and I’ve been having a TON of fun with it. Love the art style as well as the ability to build. I’m on PC and my gamer tag or whatever is Blytheryn, if anyone would like to squad up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
Yeah I started playing it back in September, i like it a lot! On the general music page I posted this stupid rap I made about the game haha.

I didn’t play it for a couple months but started getting back into it. Last week I won 3 duo games in a day, two of them were back to back with a buddy of mine :lol:

I personally like it more than PUBG, the building elements add a lot of creative tactics to it.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Downloaded it on PS4, but only finally played it for the first time recently. Noticed that a bunch of my friends are into it, so may try to make an effort to give it a go.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Dude this game feels like such a clusterfuck. The building is so annoying to not only learn but adapt to when your enemy builds two story buildings the second they hear gunshots.

The gunplay is also extremely uninteresting, I gave it an honest try after every streamer I watch moved to Fortnite + a few friends as well. But I couldn't deal with it and just went back to PUBG. I appreciate the realism and gunplay in that game too much to move to another game even with it's short comings. If Fortnite had the hitboxes that PUBG had, and less of that 8 foot high jump I could get past the building and play it more.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Dude this game feels like such a clusterfuck. The building is so annoying to not only learn but adapt to when your enemy builds two story buildings the second they hear gunshots.

The gunplay is also extremely uninteresting, I gave it an honest try after every streamer I watch moved to Fortnite + a few friends as well. But I couldn't deal with it and just went back to PUBG. I appreciate the realism and gunplay in that game too much to move to another game even with it's short comings. If Fortnite had the hitboxes that PUBG had, and less of that 8 foot high jump I could get past the building and play it more.
Yeah my experience with it has been kind of meh. I haven't seen this much bunny hopping/shotty usage since Halo 2 or UT2004. The building aspect and the creative ways to utilize the building in combat add some depth, but the gunplay by itself is tedious and borderline terrible imo. I was really expecting better considering Epic's pedigree with shooters.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah agreed, nothing wrong if people like that kind of shooting. But I just dropped Overwatch a few months ago after starting PUBG and returning to CSGO.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I don't mind it, but I really loved unreal tournament and team fortress and whatnot.

The main appeal of Fortnite for me is that it's like a free practice game while waiting for PUBG on PS4.

wankerness

Reaction score
How does this game make money? Are there microtransactions?

bpprox22

String Breaker
Reaction score
To me, both games offer a completely different BR experience -- so I play both.

I like the fast pace play of Fortnite but I also enjoy the stealthy/patient gameplay of PUBG.

bpprox22

String Breaker
Reaction score
I decided to post an update. Even though PUBG is still broken in many places, at this point, it's less broken than Fortnite if you can believe that.

Here are 2 clips that have made me switch to playing PUBG for the rest of the night on some days. The gun glitch where you can't fire has cost me SOOOO many games it's unreal.

So frustrating.

This is just annoying...

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I don't mind it, but I really loved unreal tournament and team fortress and whatnot.

The main appeal of Fortnite for me is that it's like a free practice game while waiting for PUBG on PS4.

After 2-3 weeks of playing, and finding some reliable semi-mature people to play with via duo/squad, I’m loving this game. I still play PUBG on my phone late at night with headphones for that ultra stealthy realistic vibe, but man I dig Fortnite. Really enjoyable, regardless of the infrequent switching weapons floating gun glitch.

Anybody here want to do some Battle Pass challenge grinding with me? I’m not the best, but I’m not bad. I’ve gotten a few solo 2nd/3rd place finishes, and a bunch of squad/duo wins.

My psn name is ISAIDGODDAMN.

Latest posts