Anyone own or drive a Ford Transit Connect, Nissan NV or similar?

• Thread starter MIL8
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MIL8

Reaction score
I do appliance repair for a living, previously when I worked for different stores I was provided with both full size trucks with toolboxes in the bed and full size vans to drive. I now work for myself, almost a year now and it is going well. I've started out in an older Subaru Outback that I own, it has served me well but it now has 250k miles on it and it is 20 years old, and I would like something with more room and the ability to organize it better. I really don't think I need the full size van, I'm seriously considering something like the Ford Transit Connect, Nisaan NV200, or something similar, not even sure what all is out there but I see a LOT of the Transit Connects around town.

Does anyone own or drive one of these or something similar? How do you like it? Any suggestions on a particular model or brand? Any reliability problems or common things that happen to look for? What MPG do you get? I will be buying used.

Thanks!

Descent

Reaction score
From what I've seen working in auto repair I'd say definite no on the Ford, as they age a lot of their gaskets give up, suspension goes bad quick, auto trannies probably the first to go from all the models.
Gas mileage is good though :)

GMC Savannah or Chevy 3500 are virtually indestructible but do about 16mpg.

No experience with Nissan but trucks and light vehicles, after Renault took them over I'd say quality is not as good but better than Ford, worse than GMC.