Architects and Josh Middleton split

• Thread starter MetalheadMC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RoRo56

Reaction score
After the news dropped there was a picture of Adam, Josh and Doc Coyle. Not sure if that was happenstance or if he's going to be filling in.

Doc is playing for Ice Nine Kills at the moment. They're supporting Metallica alongside Architects, no chance he'd fill in.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gnoll

Reaction score
I always thought it was a bit of a weird team-up since Architects and Sylosis are pretty different bands. I prefer Architects personally, in particular I like Lost Forever. I find Sylosis a bit uninteresting musically.

gnoll

Reaction score
Ok I just put on some of the new Sylosis songs and the song Deadwood was pretty good actually!

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I was talking to my GF the other day about how good Sylosis were, and how Architects really wasn't my thing, and how its good he's making a living but I'd prefer him doing Sylosis fulltime, and how they're touring with Malevolence and I can't get tickets, and how Josh needs to leave Architects and go full steam ahead with Sylosis and do a headline tour... And she says "So this guy you know in that band..." and I had to correct her that I'm just an obsessive fan :lol:

I like to imagine Josh ripped the solo to 'Poison for the Lost' at band practice, and Architects fired him on the spot :lol: I love that solo.

Anyone else enjoying Josh's increased vocal range? I'm loving the lows that are sneaking in! His vocals also sound more dynamic and less "every-word-and-scream-in-the-same-tone-&-timbre" style (which is fine as well).

MetalheadMC

Reaction score
I'm way late to the Sylosis party but I've recently listened to all of their albums and it's a testament to the skill and ability he has. I liked some of Architects, but I've definitely preferred Sylosis and the heavy guitar driven riffs that he writes there. Imo, he has a very distinctive guitar tone in an age where most guitarists sound quite similar across the board

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

So yeah it boiled down to creative differences. seems like Josh just wanted to stick to the heavier stuff while Architects as a whole sounded like they wanted to stick to their current sound?

And as expected there's no animosity at all. No drama.