Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xzacx

Reaction score
I don't even understand the logic with loosening the tension. If the posts were that soft, wouldn't they also develop flat spots from sitting in one position too? It reminds me of when people say you should loosen the strings on a guitar that's in storage and doesn't get played often so the neck doesn't warp—how is the tension any different if a guitar is getting played or not? Wouldn't all the guitars you do play often have warped necks if that was the case?

Stephenar19

Reaction score
I don't even understand the logic with loosening the tension. If the posts were that soft, wouldn't they also develop flat spots from sitting in one position too? It reminds me of when people say you should loosen the strings on a guitar that's in storage and doesn't get played often so the neck doesn't warp—how is the tension any different if a guitar is getting played or not? Wouldn't all the guitars you do play often have warped necks if that was the case?
Not necessarily. I believe that it's totally fine to adjust with tension, but my thinking was that you have knife edges sitting in a groove and these are made to tolerate the force of being pressed up against the post. However, adjusting the post introduces a new directional force against the knife edge as it rotates 'beneath' the edge. If the knife edge is softer or the same hardness as the post, then I would think this would cause some sort of deformation on the blade (just as cutting a knife on a hard surface would wear down a knife).

Of course this is all my speculation, hence why I asked ;)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not necessarily. I believe that it's totally fine to adjust with tension, but my thinking was that you have knife edges sitting in a groove and these are made to tolerate the force of being pressed up against the post. However, adjusting the post introduces a new directional force against the knife edge as it rotates 'beneath' the edge. If the knife edge is softer or the same hardness as the post, then I would think this would cause some sort of deformation on the blade (just as cutting a knife on a hard surface would wear down a knife).

Of course this is all my speculation, hence why I asked ;)

You shouldn't be adjusting the posts enough and so frequently that a problem would arise, even if there was some risk.

But it's good you asked as that's the only way to really figure this stuff out. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Pascal mentioned this is a very early mock up, but the S/0 is hopefully debuting at NAMM 2025. And because of the body, I'm wondering if it will be a bolt on.

Attachments

• 440436372_7641084329283320_962512101844938375_n.jpg
    440436372_7641084329283320_962512101844938375_n.jpg
    631.7 KB · Views: 91

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Pascal mentioned this is a very early mock up, but the S/0 is hopefully debuting at NAMM 2025. And because of the body, I'm wondering if it will be a bolt on.

Wow that's interesting. I'm confused what it the intent is though. Would it just be a different aesthetic or is it supposed to be an Aristides take on some existing design?

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Wow that's interesting. I'm confused what it the intent is though. Would it just be a different aesthetic or is it supposed to be an Aristides take on some existing design?
Not sure.

I honestly don't think the S/0 will be a bolt on since that would be a dramatic departure and unless the feedback they received was substantial, doing this as a bolt on and the T/0 not is just odd. That said, and people who get all pissy about what does and does not affect tone aside, I tend to think one of the big contributions to Tele-ness and Strat-ness is the bolt on construction. So perhaps Aristides is changing it up here.

Still, I'm guessing this will just be a Strat version of the T/0. One piece construction, pickguard or no pickguard, 25.5" scale, 22 frets (though something in my brain is telling me Pascal or someone mentioned 24 might be an option also back when the S/0 was first mentioned), tighter compound radius like the T/0, body similarly formed/arched like the rest of the line, ending up kind of like an Aerodyne Strat.

That said, as @JimF suggested, a bolt on could be a less expensive option. Though, it would almost seem like a step back to go with a non-Arium neck, so I don't know if that would save much money.

jco5055

Reaction score
judging from how the T/0 is designed, I'm going to guess the difference between a Strat and a 060 will be the following (besides the body shape of course):

1) 22 frets
2) Thicker neck profile
3) Pickguard option maybe?

that's all I can really think of, since a strat doens't have the unique controls/pickups a Tele typically has...it definitely won't be bolt-on I'd say.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure within 30 seconds of playing one I could tell you what I thought of it. Anyone could. Unfortunately, they're not really jumping out of the woodwork of influencer demos and into my reality. That's probably the more significant problem, ya know, throwing up thousands and thousands for an instrument you've never seen anything like IRL. They have my attention, but not my financial support. Bringing prices down and making their guitars more accessible would be a fantastic tactic for them. Or just jack up prices on glosses again, screw it.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
We’re getting a whole new body/model before lefty 070 🥲

I get that doing lefty models are money pits but just let me be bitter with my only option being my 060R lol