Armored Core 6

Wc707

Reaction score
Yeah, good, I want to know exactly what this game is like and judge accordingly instead of getting people trying to cover up big parts of what the game is. Basically every video I've seen on it exclusively shows footage of flying around and fighting bosses and crap which makes it look awesome and then they sort of mention in passing about customization and everything like it's something you spend as much time on as the character gear page in your average RPG. And some prominent Souls guy (Vaati maybe?) who had never played an AC game has contentiously released a video saying "it's like a souls game!!!! Check out the boss fights and the way you can poise break" which had everyone saying DON'T LISTEN TO HIM!!

So I really didn't think that was the case based on what I'd heard about older games!! I'll have to hear more about it. It's possible I could get into it, but I think I might just keep waiting some more and hear reactions from people who AREN'T familiar with the genre. What this brings to mind is that godawful minigame from Yakuza 0/1 with "pocket racer" where you had to unlock components and then basically every course you had to just trial and error parts until you could beat it. It was like 50% part experimentation, 49% going looking for parts in the overworld, and 1% actual racing gameplay. I HATED it. I suspect this is nothing like that, but that's still what comes to mind immediately when I hear "lots of parts, lots of experimentation!!!"
With these games, you typically spend 75% of your time customizing, swapping parts, testing your load out, etc. The missions are short honestly. Maybe 10 to 20 mins. It's always been this way with this series and they seem to continue that approach with AC6 from my experience thus far.

A lot of the souls fans overhyped the game BECAUSE it's a fromsoft game. So your skepticism is within good reason, because it's not a souls game and lingo is getting tossed around. It has some difficulty and storytelling aspects to it, but at it's core [pun intended] it does not play like a soulsgame. AC came out before all the Souls.

The combat is pretty damn fluid compared to the other games, and it's really Armored Core at its' finest.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
You can also find a build that works for you pretty early on and stick with it for the majority of the game if you're not into min-maxing or tweaking your builds and experimenting. Much like some (all?) Souls games where you can technically beat anything at lvl 1, you could probably finish these games with the default builds, it would just suck.

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
Beat the game yesterday. Took me a little over 24 hours including the arenas. Really enjoyed it but was certainly frustrated at points, which is to be expected i guess. I liked the story and thought it was presented well. Some cool bosses too. Leaned into kinetic/energy weapons for most of my run.

It just thrusts you into NG+ when you beat the game, and i'm not really sure how NG+ works in this but gonna check it out and maybe go for a different ending. Still need to check out PvP too. I tried joining a few games on the server browser thing but i couldn't get in a game. Wish they had a quickmatch option or something. Maybe they'll add one at some point.

Wc707

Reaction score
Beat the game yesterday. Took me a little over 24 hours including the arenas. Really enjoyed it but was certainly frustrated at points, which is to be expected i guess. I liked the story and thought it was presented well. Some cool bosses too. Leaned into kinetic/energy weapons for most of my run.

It just thrusts you into NG+ when you beat the game, and i'm not really sure how NG+ works in this but gonna check it out and maybe go for a different ending. Still need to check out PvP too. I tried joining a few games on the server browser thing but i couldn't get in a game. Wish they had a quickmatch option or something. Maybe they'll add one at some point.

Finding myself having to adapt loadouts with every mission and/or boss. Kinda interesting to be forced to use weapons I wouldn't normally use and adapt to their styles.

Reaction score
yeah same, sea spider fucked me up 5 or 6 times so I need to go back in with a different build and bully it around when I fire AC up again

Wc707

Reaction score
yeah same, sea spider fucked me up 5 or 6 times so I need to go back in with a different build and bully it around when I fire AC up again
Dual gats, songbirds, and tetra legs worked for me. Be aggressive as hell.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Looking forward to giving this a go in ~5 years when it's on sale for 10€ :lol: I played some AC game on PS1 when I was a kid and recall really digging it.

Wc707

Reaction score
Currently on the Enforcer fight. Man this game really rewards aggression, and specific builds for every boss. Not sure the latter is a good thing.