At Last! Zimbloth's Band Revealed! (Blackout Content)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Okay I figured it was about time I appease the restless masses and share some tunes with you all. These are some rough draft cuts from my band NEMECIDE. This isn't our 'real' demo, but just something I put together at home for the purpose of sharing with some friends. No vocal tracks yet. I am posting in this section rather than the recording one because I'm not really looking for critiques of my mix or tone, but rather to see if people (after a few listens preferably, as the stuff is kind of different) dig it or not :)

For those interested though, the amp is a cheap Behringer GMX212 being being mic'd at low volumes w/ a Shure SM57 beta, along with a drum program called BFD. I used a BC Rich with Duncan Blackouts to record this stuff. Bass is just some cheapie direct into my Firepod.

Hope you enjoy it. We have about 20 other songs as well, a lot of variety, but this will paint a decent picture for now. I was going to wait until I got more of our top songs recorded before sharing, but I just am so anxious to finally share shit with people. Alas.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
I dig on some of the riffs, personally i like my death metal more on the insane spectrum speed wise. All of the songs had the same slow groove factor to them and I was hoping to hear more blastbeats and fast kick/snare beats. That being said, I'd like to hear a real demo with your actual drummer and vocalist on it.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Awesome tones! This stuff is a lot heavier than what i usually listen to, but i'm digging the djent. You have some really nice clear tones that aren't too heavy on the distortion, so the clarity really punches through.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I dig on some of the riffs, personally i like my death metal more on the insane spectrum speed wise. All of the songs had the same slow groove factor to them and I was hoping to hear more blastbeats and fast kick/snare beats. That being said, I'd like to hear a real demo with your actual drummer and vocalist on it.

We have a lot of fast ones just like that. That said, these never really seemed that slow to me, but I see what you mean. Also we're not really trying to be a straight death metal band, its just one of our main styles we throw into the mix :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Awesome tones! This stuff is a lot heavier than what i usually listen to, but i'm digging the djent. You have some really nice clear tones that aren't too heavy on the distortion, so the clarity really punches through.

Thanks. Its a combination of my technique and those terrific Duncans.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I like all the clips!
We need some real metal here in Boston :shred:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score

+1

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score

This is the first thing I was thinking when I started listening to your clips, they have like this ..."brutal clarity" to them. Is there anyway you can post one or two of them same clips say, using the Carvin, or just a different pickup? I, for one, would love to hear the difference.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
You guys have to actually witness Nick's alt-picking in person to see just how much of a fuckin' banshee he is. :lol: It's rediculous. :yesway:

_detox

lurkin'.
Reaction score
Am I the only one that got a sort of Lamb of God As the Palaces Burn vibe? The tone especially.

What kind of vocals would be ontop of these magnificent riffs?

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm liking these a lot, well impressed with the material. That third one with the going down to......what note is it, a G or something like that? Absolutely brilliant.

Like Crucified, I like my death metal a bit more on the extreme side these days, but I loved it all the same. I'll be looking forward to hearing some finished recordings of this :D

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
Fuck yes. I like the tone for what it is - great for what you're doing in the bedroom.

Can't wait to hear the UL :evil:

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
We have a lot of fast ones just like that. That said, these never really seemed that slow to me, but I see what you mean. Also we're not really trying to be a straight death metal band, its just one of our main styles we throw into the mix :)

Yeah i can get that for sure. Sounds good. I'm used to listening to grindcore and "newer" death metal and since i can hear some traditional death metal influence in the songs it made me want more you know? How far off are you guys to actually getting a full recording out?