Audio Interface that supports AES/EBU and doesn't cost an arm and leg

• Thread starter philkilla
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm searching for a new interface to upgrade from my current old faithful Komplete 6.

Two reasons I want to upgrade are when running a bass DI signal it clips no matter what I set the preamp to.

Secondly I recently purchased a Two notes studio which is fantastic, but I don't want to rely solely on S/PDIF; I have had decent success using analog XLR outs, but the amount of audio conversions going on seems unnecessary to me.

I've looked around quite a bit, but there appears to be limited options for interfaces that offer AES/EBU and are under $1,000.00.

Has anyone had success or know of something that could scratch this itch?

Edit: I do know about this, but haven't heard much since it's still new tech:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/8D

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
Most that I have seen are the more expensive pro units ($2,000 and up). Good luck in your search and let us know if you find anything.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Look.

AES/EBU is not usually common outside pro level converters because for most consumer and pro-sumer interfaces, ADAT is a much better option for both the company and end user.

An XLR In AND Out take up quite a bit of space, and dedicating that to one stereo in/out is not the best use of space. It makes the unit larger, thus more expensive to make etc.

Basically what I'm saying is that you're asking for the sports package upgrade version of the car, but want the basic model price.

JumpingInFire

Reaction score
What is your issue with S/PDIF?
I would go for the MOTU, they make some great stuff and I have had nothing but positive experiences with them.

Latest posts