Automatic Stage Light Box

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
^ i just went to harbor freight today. Two 500w halogen lamps for $20, i have the wood already and the plexi glass should be about $30 hahaha.

They also have LED ones there if you're interested in those..
45 Bulb LED Work Light

Also that is an AWESOME idea to have the light up logos in the front. Im going to definitely do that too but i think ill instead put them in their own enclosures inside the box and have them lit by a light switch so they are always lit up.

Thanks again for turning me on to this cause im super stoked about it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
These things look so LEGIT!! When my band first started out we had two construction lights on stage. They were controlled by two power strips that were zip-tied together, and you just had someone turn them off and on with the power button while we played. Your lights look a little better.hahahaha

DJETHANOL

Reaction score
^ i just went to harbor freight today. Two 500w halogen lamps for $20, i have the wood already and the plexi glass should be about $30 hahaha.

They also have LED ones there if you're interested in those..
45 Bulb LED Work Light

Also that is an AWESOME idea to have the light up logos in the front. Im going to definitely do that too but i think ill instead put them in their own enclosures inside the box and have them lit by a light switch so they are always lit up.

Thanks again for turning me on to this cause im super stoked about it.

^bump haha

Windwaker

Reaction score
Dude! This is awesome. If I had a van in Boston to lug stuff like this around, I would build one in a heartbeat.

robare99

Reaction score
Where did you get the hardware from?

IMAG0451.jpg

DJETHANOL

Reaction score
Where did you get the hardware from?

IMAG0451.jpg

i actually forget the website i got the stuff from. the metal edges were from home depot but just google flight case hardware online or even amazon sells corners, latches and handles

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
This is sick! You ought to do a more detailed build again so I can follow it verbatim :lol: I wonder if you could use gels to get some cool color action going.

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
Could someone explain how to work the "sensor" My friend and I have been looking towards building stage-light boxes but wouldn't exactly know how to go about making it "triggered" or with a sensor.