Avant-garde music appreciation

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kr1zalid

Archrocker
Reaction score
Some great mentions in this thread. Here's a band that regretfully didn't come to mind upon opening this thread for the first time:

EDIT: I completely forgot how to embed youtube videos on these forums.

miRthkon?? I checked them out in mySpace and first was like not bad, then I was like real cool, then I was like~~ They're good! How did even you find them?!? Phew, I'm actually struggling to find new bands of this genre and I have more than hundreds of songs in my playlist, but only few bands worth the listen... And they're apparently stated in this thread: Arcturus, Blut Aus Nord, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Peccatum, Fantomas, Unexpect, Diablo Swing Orchestra, maudlin of the Well... They're kinda common in avant-garde scene... Don't worry if you forgot how to embed them, we'll click them out anyway :lol:

Anyway, other good bands that are not mentioned are:

Abigor

Fleurety

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
miRthkon?? I checked them out in mySpace and first was like not bad, then I was like real cool, then I was like~~ They're good! How did even you find them?!?

Hell yeah, man. Found out about them through another forum and instantly fell in love. They're like a modern, instrument-focused Frank Zappa without the political stuff.

ixlramp

Reaction score
Deathspell Omega.
Insane complex technical black metal.