Avatar Contemporary Cabs(questions)

• Thread starter Curt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
They look like they're built similar to orange cabs, but I have heard no complains of them being super heavy. Anyone have experience with these?

Thinking of picking one up to match with a 6505(that is, once I find another job...)

And I was wondering if anyone would recommend V30's and CL80's in an x pattern, as well...

Thanks. :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Curt

Reaction score
Do it! I played one with the Hellatones and it sounded great. Weighs about as much as an orange if i remember right

The deal about it being similar in weight to an orange is kind of a damper, imo. =/

the hellatone hella 60's are essentially already broken in V30's right?(actually if I read right, they ARE just rebranded broken in v30's...)

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I own a 2x12 (with V30s), and it is light. Heavier than the Randall 2x12 I owned, but lighter than the G-Flex 2x12 I also owned. I think I like it the best out of the three, too. The G-Flex sounded like it had a bit more range, but the G212's a bit tighter, and doesn't have as much fizz on the high end (that could be mostly due to the V30s, however).

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
How can Hellatone sell v30s for $99 unless they are more then "just a little aged"? Forgive me for my skeptasism, but that just seems odd. $129 is the lowest I've seen on v30's lately. BULK BUY MAYBE?

Gryphon

Reaction score
How can Hellatone sell v30s for $99 unless they are more then "just a little aged"? Forgive me for my skeptasism, but that just seems odd. $129 is the lowest I've seen on v30's lately. BULK BUY MAYBE?

Avatar buys things by the truckload.

Curt

Reaction score
Regarding the Hellatone question;

HELLATONE

BAM!!!

Hmm... maybe I should have read up on that whilst browsing their site. :lol:

the Hellatone's may now be my choice along with the CL80's in an x pattern.

Pretty dead set on red tolex with the "gold" grille cloth(like the gold grille cloth that mesa uses) as far as the cosmetics go. :yesway:

Gryphon

Reaction score
Curt, what tones are you going for when looking at X-ing those two speakers? I'm running my 6505 currently with a 4x12 that has WGS Retro 30/Hm75 (Vintage 30/t75 equivalent) and really enjoy the tone I'm getting.

I hate to hijack the thread but I figured it was better than starting a new one.

I'm thinking of going 2x12 traditional with G12K100s and was wondering whether open or closed back would be better?

Cybin

Reaction score
I have a 2x12 contemporary. Its huge. Not much smaller than a 4x12. Sounds good as the huge size lends itself to loose bass tones. Don't get it if you're looking for something that is easy to move. It sounds like a 4x12 and is just as hard to maneuver as one.

Cybin

Reaction score
Oh and it sounds fucking killer with my 6505+ loaded with Splawn SB25s. Maybe put some casters on it if you get one. They do sound great. Just a bitch to move.