Average Age of SSO?

• Thread starter ThePIGI King
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

What age range are you?

• <18

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 18-29

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • 30-39

Votes: 56 45.2%
  • 40-49

Votes: 36 29.0%
  • 50-Old

Votes: 10 8.1%

• Total voters

BenjaminW

Reaction score
I was 13 when I joined this forum a few years ago and now I’m almost 21.

Definitely a little reassuring that there’s other people that in that same age group as me, but it’s never been an issue. As long as everyone is cool, it gives me a reason to stick around.

Edika

Reaction score
I remember a day when I was 33 where I was looking around for information about 7 string guitars and found this forum and stuck with it since then. 14 years later, I've found a lot of info from members and hopefully managed to pass on some of that knowledge and personal experiences myself.

I do still feel like I'm in my thirties, and the fact I have most of my hair, a few gray hairs (on my scalp that is lol) and not too many wrinkles are not helping. I can easily converse with all ages and find relevant things to discuss with them. My main old man gripe is social media, that I find annoying, mostly useless and a waste of time. I don't have most of the trendy apps and find 0 interest in using any of them. But it is what it is lol.

I do partly blame this site for my chronic GAS however. So many tasty guitars and gear..🤤🤤🤤🤤

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
19 when I joined, currently 32. I learned how to build guitars through peoples' pic stories in the luthiery section and was constantly scrolling through them when I joined, mind blown that regular schmucks like me could do it.

I also avoided Facebook until 2013 so this has always been my social site of choice, which feels weird calling it that.

Reaction score
I would only say it's a bad influence (half to a quarter seriously) because we're a bunch of enablers when it comes to buying gear. Not complaining, just saying!
... thou shall not lie... for the truth is all knowing.

SSO is social media as is facebook and IG and what not, the main difference is its target audience and structure layout. We, humans (are there any bots here?) are social creatures and everything we do in common IS regarded as socializing in some level...

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
At the same time, if I went to something like a motorcycle enthusiast forum, I wouldn't expect many there to try to dissuade me from buying a motorcycle.
I think all forums are that way or the most part. Though there are absolutely times when people will receive opinions on why not to get a certain thing.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
I joined in 2008 when I was 24. I used to cruise all the forum classifieds shopping for RG7620s back in the day. Back then you couldn't post classified ads unless you hit a certain post count and didn't have any neg rep. So I was kindof forced to participate if I wanted to unload my garbage on some poor sucker. Then it just kindof evolved into a kind of faceless brotherhood (and sisters, peoplehood) of guitars and stuff. And a lot more than that. This is probably the best social media I've ever been on as far as being a resource and the behaviour of the members and moderators. Now I'm 40 and wondering how the fuck so much time passed so quickly.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I'm 38 and I have no idea what I'm doing

Don't worry, I'm coming near to half a century old (still a few years left but, closer by the minute) and still feel that way...
Yeah, it doesn't get better. I feel like any day where I land on the couch at the end of it not completely destroyed from my absolute inability to understand any single aspect of anything I'm dealing with is a win.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm 38 and I have no idea what I'm doing

Don't worry, I'm coming near to half a century old (still a few years left but, closer by the minute) and still feel that way...
A few weeks ago I decided in finally gonna start playing again and reinstall whatever software I needed to be able to plug in and play through my focusrite. Fuck me if I couldn't remember a single acronym or name for any of the apps Iwwas using 8 years ago, aside from "DAW." I eventually got so frustrated with feeling like a boomer and just started googling "how to play electric guitar through computer" and super generic stuff like that until I finally found more info on using Neural Amp Modeler and a few other things to get that to actually work in Reaper.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Well if I think about it....

I've got the long hair.
I've got the high pitched voice.
I look good in skinny jeans.
I sometimes get lots of attention on the internet.

I might be a hot girl after all.

if you look good in skinny jeans, you should try a mini skirt, I bet you it fucking slays. might just be the crowd I run with, but Women Dig It.

"they're not women's clothes. they're my clothes. I bought them" - Eddie Izzard

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I dunno about mini-skirts, but I worked with a guy a while back who just wore skirts all the time. Not kilts, definitely skirts. I'd be lying if I said it didn't look incredibly comfortable.