Awesome Shows This Week

• Thread starter ridner
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
yo SSO! hitting a few rockin shows this week. pretty stoked because it is rare that I don't have to work the day after attending one, but this week the stars have aligned!

Wed is COC w/ Pepper - haven't seen that version of the band in 10yrs! they are way up there on my list, so myself and my wife are super pumped. No work the next day cos Thurs is Turkey Day!

Fri is Kylesa - not super familiar/into this band. I have seen/heard them before and enjoyed it. hoping to get reacquainted with them and have a good time w/ good friends.

Sat is the Indie Merch Tour w/ Black Dahlia Murder, Goatwhore and Iron Reagan - super pumped for this one! Goatwhore are super good friends of ours - we always have a blast when they roll through. If they can make room in the gear trailer, I am going to be buying a Randall XL cab from Sammy. fingers crossed! been a really long time since I have seen BDM - stoked to see my fellow MI boys! I dig Iron Reagan but have never seen them live - looking forward to catching them for the first time.

The fun starts tomorrow! :hbang:

Anyone else catching a show this wk?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Millul

Reaction score
The coming weeks are filled with great shows, but unfortunately I won't be able to attend any of them sigh...!
In just a couple of weeks, there will be Periphery, Fear Factory, Soilwork, Arch Enemy all playing within a 3 hrs drive from me, but work mandates I won't be able to see 'em...dang it!!!

(And Lamb of God cancelled their tour, otherwise they'd be playing in Milan tonight)

Rosal76

Reaction score

No heavy metal shows this week but I'm pretty excited for next month and for February and March of next year. Overall, it's been very good year for heavy metal shows for me and a good start for next year.

Last April I saw Slayer and Testament.
Last October I saw Cannibal corpse, Cattle Decapitation, and Soreption (awesome technical death metal band from Sweden).
This month, I saw Psycroptic, a technical death metal band from Austrailia.

Upcoming.
December 2nd I'm gonna go see Deicide.
February 2016 I'm gonna go see Marty Friedman.
March 2016 I'm gonna go see Joe Satriani.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Seeing the King on Friday in Chi-town. He's playing a pretty cool venue too one of my favorites, called the Aragon Ballroom.

Also this January going to see Sleep with Bongripper at my next favorite Chicago venue, Thalia Hall.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
yo SSO! hitting a few rockin shows this week. pretty stoked because it is rare that I don't have to work the day after attending one, but this week the stars have aligned!

Wed is COC w/ Pepper - haven't seen that version of the band in 10yrs! they are way up there on my list, so myself and my wife are super pumped. No work the next day cos Thurs is Turkey Day!

Fri is Kylesa - not super familiar/into this band. I have seen/heard them before and enjoyed it. hoping to get reacquainted with them and have a good time w/ good friends.

Sat is the Indie Merch Tour w/ Black Dahlia Murder, Goatwhore and Iron Reagan - super pumped for this one! Goatwhore are super good friends of ours - we always have a blast when they roll through. If they can make room in the gear trailer, I am going to be buying a Randall XL cab from Sammy. fingers crossed! been a really long time since I have seen BDM - stoked to see my fellow MI boys! I dig Iron Reagan but have never seen them live - looking forward to catching them for the first time.

The fun starts tomorrow! :hbang:

TBDM and Goatwhore should be an awesome show. I'd kill to see COC w/ Pepper again, haven't seen them since 97' (I think) opening for Metallica.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
Seeing the King on Friday in Chi-town. He's playing a pretty cool venue too one of my favorites, called the Aragon Ballroom.

Also this January going to see Sleep with Bongripper at my next favorite Chicago venue, Thalia Hall.

might be going to see The King on 11/30- got a work thing going on that wk, so I am still on the fence. also considered traveling to Chicago to see Sleep. see what happens

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
idk if you're familiar with Bongripper at all but I'm basically as excited to see them as I am Sleep.

aesthyrian

Reaction score

haha the Aragon Brawlroom. How is that place these days? I remember the neighborhood being quite bad, but the venue itself had that cool Mexican salsa dance hall vibe to it, since I believe that's what it was originally used for.

Haven't been there since the Dimebag memorial show, but I do remember the sound was pretty good.

Reaction score
ill be seeing TBDM, Artificial Brain and Entheos on friday. i already saw TBDM on the first part of this tour but i wanted to go again so i could catch Artificial Brain and tell them how crazy their music is

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
haha the Aragon Brawlroom. How is that place these days? I remember the neighborhood being quite bad, but the venue itself had that cool Mexican salsa dance hall vibe to it, since I believe that's what it was originally used for.

Haven't been there since the Dimebag memorial show, but I do remember the sound was pretty good.

I actually haven't been there since I saw Primus Hallucinogenetics tour in 2004? 05? I wasn't old enough to drive :lol:

Funny, I never thought of it as Mexican dance hall--I always thought the inside looked like you were in a medieval castle. I love the holes in the ceiling with twinkling lights behind it so that it looks like the sky. My dad said back in the day they also had a "cloud machine" (though I'm not sure how that would work) to make fake-clouds for the fake-sky-ceiling. I hope they can bust that out again!

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
Soooooo King Diamond ruled so, so hard

UF6wRIY.jpg

pytyls2.jpg

hP3VI2S.jpg

He played some stuff that wasn't from Abigail, and then played Abigail in it's entirety. It was excellent.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
COC was amazing! they didn't miss a step - you would never know they hadn't played together for the better part of 10yrs. what a killer show! the whole lineup was awesome too - Mothership, Saviours and also Brant Bjork & The Low Desert Punk Band - all the bands fit together really well. here are a couple pix I took:

12289473_10208550829392085_7536600479223640337_n.jpg

12295310_10208550969755594_5057075230178550510_n.jpg

12241424_10208552487873546_8430622782497427885_n.jpg

Reaction score
ill be seeing TBDM, Artificial Brain and Entheos on friday. i already saw TBDM on the first part of this tour but i wanted to go again so i could catch Artificial Brain and tell them how crazy their music is

To follow up with this, the show was fucking incredible. Unfortunately me and my friends got there a little late so I missed all of Artificial Brains set but I was able to buy 2 of their shirts and their 7" demo. Entheos was nuts too, IMO Chaney sounds much better live than she does on the Pirmal EP but I've never heard a female vocalist sound like shes got bigger balls than I do:lol:. Iron Reagan and Goatwhore both put on a solid set but neither of them are really my thing.

TBDM were incredible just like every other time that I've gone to seen them, me and the friends I went with waited until after the show when everyone was done loading up for the night and we were able to smoke 5 joints with Brian and Trevor in about an hour and a half and it was easily the best after show experience that I've had so far:metal:. I even managed to get Trevors PSN name so i could help him out in Battlefront! And if you see TBDM ski masks back in their merch store you can thank me:fawk:.

It makes me laugh when I compare the first time I met them when I was tripping over my own words from nervousness and struggling to think of what to say, to talking to them now and being able to hold a conversation with guys that I've looked up to since getting into metal like its nothing.

Gravy Train

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I will be seeing Parkway Drive, Miss May I, Thy Art Is Murder and another opening band which I'm not familiar with tonight! Pretty excited :hbang:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
COC was amazing! they didn't miss a step - you would never know they hadn't played together for the better part of 10yrs. what a killer show! the whole lineup was awesome too - Mothership, Saviours and also Brant Bjork & The Low Desert Punk Band - all the bands fit together really well. here are a couple pix I took:
I always loved those ESPs. You never see Pepper play his in Down, he always has Gibsons now. He has an Invader in the bridge (looks like both do actually) and an actual P90 in the neck.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
Kylesa on Fri was cool - dig them more than I remember - good stuff!

BDM, Goatwhore and Iron Reagan killed it on Sat. had a really good time hanging w/ my buds in Goatwhore. no luck on the cab sale - they didnt have room for it. ended up going to a bar/club right by the venue afterwards. had a blast!