Axe-Fx Ultra (First-Run Burnished Faceplate)

• Thread starter asher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: /It's an Axe-Fx Ultra. Minor bit of rack rash and a slightly crinked tab, still holds just fine. It's one of the very first units I believe, because instead of the straight black face plate, the metal coloring didn't work right or something, so it's this neat burnished copper color. Also, the main selection wheel skips a bit, which I think is a common development on these.
Modifications (if any): N/A
Accessories (hardshell case etc): Power cable
Location (City,State or City,Country): Charlottesville, VA
International OK? : No
Contact Info (No Phone #s): post/PM here
References (eBay or other forum userid): Whole bunch of people here; eBay is asher-s
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $1400 shipped OBO. Really looking for cash here. I might entertain guitars, but I'm categorically not interested in amps - I have an Axe-II, and even if I wanted to diversify, don't have a cab to use :lol:
Pictures:

t2AixVy.jpg

n4wBkE4.jpg

UcBOTR0.jpg
Uh5Dm0M.jpg

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Arsis

Serious ....age
Reaction score
Yeah i completely forget about it lol. This thread actually is the only thing that made me re-realize it was like that.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Forgot-I-don't-need-my-UNO-chipped-FCB1010-either bump. It's negotiable!

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
You know you want this sexy piece of AND the UNO chipped FCB1010 to make it bend to your will!

kchay

Reaction score
How do you feel the Ultra is vs the II? And I can't recall, but is the Ultra able to reamp?

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
The Ultra is still an incredibly capable unit. It still feels and responds great and has a huge range and variety on tap. It can take a bit more tweaking than the II to get the sound where you want, though it's not that hard either, and there are still good Ultra patches floating around. Honestly, my upgrade was a combination of GAS and wanting to be able to keep up with new firmware and patches, and then some of the expanded horsepower and cab stuff.

I don't think there's a dedicated way to re-amp either either unit (I could totally be wrong), but I don't know why you wouldn't be able to take a dry signal from something and run it through like anything else?

kchay

Reaction score
I know the II can reamp, as I had one and downgraded. Just curious, really. Pretty sure you could just run the dry signal through!