Axefx3: cygnus x 3 (fw25.0) beta

• Thread starter budda
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
If you guys use cuts in the cab block, try removing them (20hz/20kHz iirc) and see what you think

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
If you guys use cuts in the cab block, try removing them (20hz/20kHz iirc) and see what you think
I think that’s the big ticket for me. I don’t use them, except maybe up to 50Hz on the low cut sometimes. It seems like they found a way to get further extension into all frequency ranges.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I think that’s the big ticket for me. I don’t use them, except maybe up to 50Hz on the low cut sometimes. It seems like they found a way to get further extension into all frequency ranges.
Not sure about further extension, but its definitely part of the IR vs a real cab with any cuts removed. I ran filters for a while then stopped in.. 2023? IR length affects things too. Many options haha.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Monster With .

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm also finding the depth control more useful on some amps.

Amps are brighter too? Maybe it's just me, but in turning down the presence and turning up the depth.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm also finding the depth control more useful on some amps.

Amps are brighter too? Maybe it's just me, but in turning down the presence and turning up the depth.
Gotta a/b with a DI to be sure.

Theres always a few people on fw threads “wow xy changed it rules now!” Cliff “no changes to that model” :lol:

The Monster With .

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Gotta a/b with a DI to be sure.

Theres always a few people on fw threads “wow xy changed it rules now!” Cliff “no changes to that model” :lol:
Haha yeah I figured that would be me. This is my first big fractal update😁

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Haha yeah I figured that would be me. This is my first big fractal update😁

You definitely came in at a good time!

I initially dismissed the Cygnus update as not doing all that much, but once I had my monitors up pretty loud and I started re-dialing in some presets of amps I was familiar with, it became much more apparent.

I’d imagine the ‘brighter’, ‘more bass’ stuff is going to be amp/player dependent and how they dial their stuff in. I tend to dial in most of my presets to be ready to record, so I’m already hacking off a ton of bass when I dial them in and by default, I’m not going to catch “more bass”.

Shask

Reaction score
Bumping this since the FM3 fw caught up.

God damn this beta is killer! All the new models are amazing, and the updates (whatever they may be) in the general amp modeling are absolutely top notch. It’s like a blanket was removed from basically all of my old presets.

Somehow, every time I feel like modeling can’t/won’t progress, Cliff and the team seem to figure it out even more. Massive props :agreed:
My pet peeve is always the low end chunk, and I think this update improved that a lot. The low end chug seems more realistic, but puncher, and less smeared together. The lower mids seem less bloated and cardboard.

I found revisiting amps I was never super impressed with, like the Recto 1, and D60 sound better and more distinct than they used to be.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My pet peeve is always the low end chunk, and I think this update improved that a lot. The low end chug seems more realistic, but puncher, and less smeared together. The lower mids seem less bloated and cardboard.

I found revisiting amps I was never super impressed with, like the Recto 1, and D60 sound better and more distinct than they used to be.
Anyone know what's the deal with the new Recto 1 model? Like, is it a different amp?

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wasn't that always in the Axe? Recto 1 is based on the 2CH and Recto 2 is based on the 2000 - 2009 3CH. Seems like they just updated them in the last patch
Recto1 is now included in a list of "new amp models", whereas all the other amps were "remastered" (updated). ????

rokket2005

Reaction score
I think they meant they just rebuilt those models cause that whole list save for maybe the Ac30 brilliant and 5153 stealth are models that have existed for years. I've been using the Recto 1 and D60 models since like 2019.
I also keep Yek's guide to amps on a bookmark in case I want to look into specific models.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think they meant they just rebuilt those models cause that whole list save for maybe the Ac30 brilliant and 5153 stealth are models that have existed for years. I've been using the Recto 1 and D60 models since like 2019.
I also keep Yek's guide to amps on a bookmark in case I want to look into specific models.
Reading the release notes doesn't suggest this, but what do I know.

rokket2005

Reaction score
Yeah, it's misleading at best and a straight up lie at worst. Someone else commented that there have been several updates/renames to those models over the past few AxeIII updates, and they've all been baked into this one update for FM3 so maybe that's why they framed it as such.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I seem to recall something being done with a Recto in one of the more recent updates/betas, but keep track of that shit requires a spreadsheet.

I always consider my presets to be in a liquid state so the revisions don’t bother me. I tweak everything every time I start a new song.