Aysakh's Home Depot Buildstory

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I'll be impressed if it's playable when you're done. It looks like the strings won't be over the neck near the headstock.

This is however a truly valiant effort. I have always wanted to do this, but lack the courage. I bet if you do this a few more times you'll have the process down to an art.

Arminius

Reaction score
I'll be impressed if it's playable when you're done. It looks like the strings won't be over the neck near the headstock.

This is however a truly valiant effort. I have always wanted to do this, but lack the courage. I bet if you do this a few more times you'll have the process down to an art.

They're not, I should have left the neck straight instead of tapering it, but oh well. I should still be able to jangle the open strings. :lol:

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
if they are over the frets don't trim them beyond the strings, build the neck out. You could try and do that with epoxy or by gluing some more wood to the neck.

Spratcho

Reaction score
GAHAHA! This is the funniest home depot i've ever seen, I couldn't stop laughting at the
frets, don't take this as a negative message, cus i really wanna see and hear what it looks
like in the end :p

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
dude id just ditch the neck as start over
use a sanding wheel and really harsh sandpaper and shape it that way. tis what i did for my bullet7

Arminius

Reaction score
:lol:
DSC05129.jpg

just wanted to make sure it wasn't going anywhere.
DSC05130.jpg

:rofl:
DSC05131.jpg

DSC05132.jpg

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
can you actually fit a single coil in that slot? im pretty sure most singles have a triangular flange on the side...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts