B.B. King Passes Away

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
That's a good long life, especially considering the diabetes. They've came such a long way in treating that disease.

thedonal

Reaction score
RIP. A legend and surely the last of a generation that linked us to the pioneers of Blues.

Sad.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Legit bummed. I've got an old Hamer Echotone (ES-335 clone) back home that I got pretty much just because I wanted to try to be like BB. It doesn't usually give me pause when a celebrity dies, but this feels... I don't know, more personal? Something. It sucks. I'm glad he was able to live a long and fruitful life, touring many shows a year well into his 80s, but the world is still a bit worse now that he's no longer in it. I can take comfort, though, in knowing that as saddening as his passing is, it won't even come close to cancelling out the happiness his music has brought and will continue to bring to the world.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
As much as I'm sad about it, at some point people die and he's had a good life. He lived to be 89 and had ample time to play and share his music. He's one of the greats I never saw live and I regret that.
R.I.P and thank you.

the.godfather

Mr. Flibble
Reaction score
I also never quite managed to go see him live and will always regret that. A true music legend with the best vibrato in the business.

RIP BB.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Really sad news. One of the last few remaining direct connections to the 1st generation of electrified blues left has now passed away. Amazing the respect and influence he had across genres too. Always seemed in interviews to be an incredibily humble man considering his stature as arguably the greatest blues guitarist of all time.

Title of my favourite BB song says it all really...

SjPedro

Reaction score
he leaves a big legacy though.
RIP to a legend that opened the road for so many musicians and multiple genres that branched out from the blues.
The only thing that's "happy" about this is that he died peacefully in his sleep :(

Stealth7

Reaction score
:( RIP BB, the man was a legend. Glad I got to see him live a few years back.

LordHar

Reaction score
RIP. Total legend. The guy played over 15.000 live shows during his live time. That's insane. I'm glad I saw him perform on a couple of occasions, and his instructional tapes are a treasure too.

metaldoggie

Pro smeghead
Reaction score
RIP

Saw him live in 98 or 99 I think with John Mayall's band supporting.

His playing goes without saying, but I was blown away by the power of his voice, it felt like it was all coming from him and not the speakers.

SeditiousDissent

i drove bus
Reaction score
I had the absolute pleasure of seeing him play live a couple of times. He was a legend, and will be missed.