Balaguer Guitars - xiphos shape "Tartarus"

• Thread starter lewis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mbardu

Reaction score
Super nice looki g guitar!
What are your first impressions?
Is there a detailed thread around here about how this brand is in general? Playability and finish wise?

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood pickup tester
Reaction score
Super nice looki g guitar!
What are your first impressions?
Is there a detailed thread around here about how this brand is in general? Playability and finish wise?
It's a very solid guitar. Came setup really well with pretty low action, no issues on that front. Finish wise it's pretty damn good, not perfect. If I was being extremely nitpicky there's an extremely small chip on the finish near the neck pickup cavity, and a tiny spot of buffing compound left on the headstock (which wiped off). Nothing huge, as it's essentially unnoticeable from a foot away.

lewis

Reaction score
It's a very solid guitar. Came setup really well with pretty low action, no issues on that front. Finish wise it's pretty damn good, not perfect. If I was being extremely nitpicky there's an extremely small chip on the finish near the neck pickup cavity, and a tiny spot of buffing compound left on the headstock (which wiped off). Nothing huge, as it's essentially unnoticeable from a foot away.
are you going to post a NGD thread with more pics/vid/tone! :)

Edika

Reaction score
Sounds really good, The Feral sound clear but full and mean at the same time. No strange mid spikes but that would also depend on the settings. And the Evergreen neck sounded really good in the cleans. As I was listening to the video here I couldn't see the details in the description. They seem like keeper pickups.

trem licking

Reaction score
Nice! Can't wait for mine... But it's only been a little over 2 months ugh haha

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
nvm, can't paste

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-2_6-48-59.png
    upload_2020-9-2_6-48-59.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 35