Bartolini 4 Conductor Pickup Wiring Help

• Thread starter ezboarderz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ezboarderz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently in the process of redoing the electronics in my Ibanex SR300, which came with 2 cheapo pickups, a preamp, and 3 controls for the preamp (bass, mids, treble). A month ago, the preamp died on me and while it worked well for my needs, I decided to cut out the cheap electronics and replace it will CTS pots, vintage wiring, switch craft input jack, etc. I was able to score a deal on a used Bartolini BC4CBC pickup set, which fits the odd pickup cavity size and I would like to use all of the holes that were drilled for all the active electronics. My idea is the following:

1x volume pot - CTS 250k
1x Blend Pot - CTS 250k
1x tone pot with a .47nf cap - CTS 250k

With the basic wiring as illustrated below and pretty straight forward
passive set up.png

Now this is where it gets interesting. For the first of the last 3 holes where the preamp eq was, I was thinking of doing this:

1x 3 way switch - for controlling the pickup configuration. My idea is to go with a outer coil/series humbucker/inner coil wiring with a 3 way switch (on-off-on). The diagram for this is the following and straight forward:

3 way switch.png

For the last two holes, I was thinking of using 2x 2 way switches (on-on) to control whether the neck or bridge pickup is in a parallel humbucking configuration, if the 3 way switch is in the middle position, which is OFF. This is where I am quite confused on whether its possible to do it like that or not. The diagram for this is below.

parallel.png

The way i see it, if i try to combine these, theres no good way to do it since the outputs of the parallel/series switches would need to go from the 3 way switch and i would get both outputs. I could be wrong but id rather work this out before i start to solder these switches. Basically, this is mainly to utilize the holes that were drilled and to give some more options for tones from the pickups.

I have already soldered the core components of this electronics rebuild, but i havent gotten to the switching yet and i'd like to get some feedback before i spent a ton of time troubleshooting this. I am also up for other suggestions for using the last 2 holes, but id rather they do something rather than being dummy pots.

Latest posts